Paint Colour Identification Help Needed.

Snorbitz

So i've had a little bump and i've repaired the damage now all i need to do is recover (probably with Solartex but i'm open to suggestions) and then i need to respray the wing to match the fuz. Problem is i can't decide which colour to go for. Humbrol Dark Green 30 is a pretty close match but would cost me a small fortune in little cans to cover a 71" wing so can anyone suggest either a ready made covering in the correct-ish colour or a paint that looks like the dark green in the photo.

Advert

Really David!! I'll have to look into that. I think i'd want to seal it after just for piece of mind but it could be a good place to start. Cheers.
Yes i suppose it is a warbird after all and mabe i should just throw some grime at it anyway to blend it in. It does look a bit too shiny at the moment.

zeros that where long in service, and not crashed into carriers, where not etch primed first, and as a result, lost a LOT of their green paint, your model looks nice, but tooooo nice, battlefield repair, and some silver showing will make it look more realistic, look on the YT site, at martins jap fighter, its not a zero, but will show you what one should look like

Phil has a point, Japanese aircraft manufacturers seemed to waste no time and materials on priming etc., they often have a very patchy finish, after some time in service.

So perhaps a small can of Humbrol will do, if an oil based finish?

Or alternatively if water based system, perhaps go to B&Q and scour all the ranges of match pots, till you find something close enough. One match pot wold do a whole model quite easily.

Both Humbrol and match type pots are about £1, certainly less than £1.50.

I am not sure that anyone will mix a small quantity of paint to order

Edited By Erfolg on 21/03/2011 17:38:06