Phoenix 2.5 problems

Phil May

I have just bought a Phoenix 2.5 flight sim off e-bay which came with the square Futaba adapter. This was advertised as in perfect working order, I have a problem with the square plug into the radio which keeps needing a wiggle to keep the sim working - is this a common fault fault with them and what is the best way around it
Cheers
Phil

Advert

Phil

If you know someone else with same controller, try the plug on that tx and if problem is the same it is most likely the lead that has a problem.

If thats the case you have 2 options.
1. open a complaint through ebay that item is broken, or
2. purchase a new lead from Phoenix!

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dave

I thought that you had to have a genuine adaptor for it to work - otherwise everyone would buy one of those and then just buy the DVD (which you can get of the phoenix website for £9.95).

I assume that Steve just means to use the Futaba adapter lead from that ebay kit - and ignore the USB plug unless you want it for FMS as well.

However, the "JR" jackplug on my Phoenix dongle is a 3.5mm stereo plug. The one pictured on ebay looks like it's a mono jack and is described as 2.5mm.

I do sometimes need to gently wiggle the plug on my Futaba FF7 when using Phoenix to get it to work. Can't understand why Futaba switched from the old DIN plug/sockets - these little plastic plug/sockets don't seem overly reliable...

The sockets seem fine when used for buddy leads, but mine doesn't like the sim lead - so I use my JP planet system instead for phoenix.

Phil have you checked all the pins are ok - my first lead had a pushed-in pin.

When I used my futaba 6ex with phoenix it was always playing up because the square jack is just mounted straight in the circuit board not mounted in the body of the tx, if you know what i mean

Thanks guys, I'm going to borrow a new adapter lead tomorrow and give it a go. Being fair to the guy I bought it from, he said if no luck he will refund my cash, could not ask for more than that
Phil

Posted by John Privett on 27/03/2011 20:47:05:
I assume that Steve just means to use the Futaba adapter lead from that ebay kit - and ignore the USB plug unless you want it for FMS as well.

However, the "JR" jackplug on my Phoenix dongle is a 3.5mm stereo plug. The one pictured on ebay looks like it's a mono jack and is described as 2.5mm.

I do sometimes need to gently wiggle the plug on my Futaba FF7 when using Phoenix to get it to work. Can't understand why Futaba switched from the old DIN plug/sockets - these little plastic plug/sockets don't seem overly reliable...

I didn't read the whole of the ad, but the ones I have bought have been 3.5mm, and have worked fine, obviously 2.5 would not work. I did say I used a 5m stereo extension, which is 3.5mm though I did not state it.

Very good of the seller to be so decent about it.

I just tried another lead and it was fine, so I just opened up the plug and hey presto one of the wires hanging off.
A little soldering job for me a bit later.
Phil