Scale anyone.......

Those of you like me into scale, might enjoy keeping up with happenings at Top Gun in Florida. The latest video is highlights of day 4. If you follow the link below it will take you to the day 1 video and the other days are listed in the sidebar.

David if you are looking in, and want volunteers to cover next years event, even despite the infestation of Love Bugs, I am your man.

Cheers
Danny

Advert

The results have just been posted from an IPhone in the car park at the event...

Unlimited class- Team Birhle, David Hayes pilot, Rockwell Thrush

Team class - Builder, Glenn Torrance. Pilot, Ton Kosewski.Fokker D7

Pro-Am Sport - Greg foushi, Lavochkin LA-7

Pro-Am Pro - Curtis Switzer, Curtis B-2

Master class - Dave Wigley, Westl.d Wyvern

Expert Class - Jack Diaz, F-86 Sabre Jet

And the top dog of Top Gun is.......

Mr. Top Gun - Dave Wigley, Westland Wyvern

Well done Dave

Some very nice models there.

I don't know what happened to the model at 3:40 on Day 2 video

Looks like the CofG was well aft? It just looked out of control from the minute it started to climb. What a shame.

Posted by Danny Fenton on 02/05/2011 13:00:13:It does amaze me that some of these guys put in such an incredible amount of detail and they leave the servos hanging out, with no hidden linkages. Most odd.....

Cheers
Danny

Is it because of a scoring system? Does that ignore sticky out servos because once upon a time that was the Norm? I'm thinking that if they don't score negatively then they are just easier that way?

Posted by James40 on 02/05/2011 16:46:10:
Some very nice models there.

I don't know what happened to the model at 3:40 on Day 2 video

Looks like the CofG was well aft? It just looked out of control from the minute it started to climb. What a shame.

No argument on that from me - I felt uncomfortable watching it from the moment of take-off.

I think this explains why the exposed servos and a lack of detail can still result in winning:

I have followed Gwyns builds on RCSB and they are superb to say the least, and from the above score sheet you will see that he was top scorer in static, and the other models that I thought looked superb, and expected to do well such as the Albatross were right up there, it was the flying that beat them. And you will also see the flying carries much more weight than the static scores. A much higher percentage than in F4C. Being very familiar with your model in adverse weather looks like the key, or just being a really good flyer.... ah well rules me out.

Cheers
Danny