Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC2 twin

Nek

I am pretty sure that HPC Publishing do a really good 3 view but their website is down at the moment. You phone them although I haven't the number at the moment or buy a copy of Aviation News.

I also have reasonable ones in Jim Newman's book "A View From Here" Published by Carstens in the USA You can buy that one on line IT is a great book with loads of great 3 views and well worth the price, About £18 with postage.

I did some work on Twin Pins at the MU in Aden in the about 61. Not my happiest memories!

I have now done a bit of research. Aviation News has been taken over by Key Publishing and they only have a few back copies. If one could find out the issue they might be able to help.

I have to say that the loss of all those multi view scale drawings is a tragedy. I still have afew but not the Twin Pin.

I have just found my old listing If you want to phone Key Publishing and tell them that the Twin Pin drawings were in issue number 6 in volumne 14 they might possibly still have it.

The phone number you want is 01780755131

I have memories of the Twin Pin from Borneo in 1964. Something about it made me fancy it as a model but I never got around to it. I can't find any 3 view drawings but there are a couple of decent photos (in civilian guise) on www.military-aircraft.org.uk/transport-aircraft/scottish-aviation-twin-pioneer-3/htm. Now I have returned to modelling after a 40 year break perhaps I will finally get round to it - once I have learnt to fly properly!

A slight name change with the oners of the above pictured one. Now known as Classic Flight but still based at Coventry Airport.

Not a flyer at present but on display with Classic Flight www.classicflight.com

Visited last year and she was in the hanger with the outer wing panels removed.

Didn't Mike Trew or Mike Smart fly one on the scale circuit a few years ago ?