The joy of slope

Advert

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 28/06/2012 12:01:53:

Hi Ian, yes I try to keep busy with flying stuff.

I'm using the 2.4 Pro

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com

Interesting, I have both and just so happens that only seconds before seeing your post I'd carry out a copy operation on my Pro do some setup testing on the copy. It worked fine for me on this occasion as I am very pleased to say that I have got a dual elevator servo setup working easily - in the time it took for this brief exchange actually.

Posted by Ian Jones on 28/06/2012 12:41:25:
Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 28/06/2012 12:01:53:

Hi Ian, yes I try to keep busy with flying stuff.

I'm using the 2.4 Pro

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com

Interesting, I have both and just so happens that only seconds before seeing your post I'd carry out a copy operation on my Pro do some setup testing on the copy. It worked fine for me on this occasion as I am very pleased to say that I have got a dual elevator servo setup working easily - in the time it took for this brief exchange actually.

Glad it worked for you Ian. Mine would have been fine but for that one little hiccup. Maybe it was something in the mix that it just didn't like crook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well 2 weeks off and managed to fly twice..........boy has it rained crying

We, that's Steve Houghton and myself, met up with Chris & Mark at the Bwlch and flew the Crest in 25 +mph winds....lift was awesome.

Anyone who has flown the Crest will know of the awful rotor there, we had to walk back over 100 yards to safely land.

I took my new Speedo mk IIX for it's maiden but postponed it for more favourable conditions.

It was defo' a foamie day with me flying my Weasel and BanShe (how I love those models)

Steve flew his Hawk which is surprisingly good in that sort of wind.

Fingers crossed for good weather this weekend..

Phil

Good maiden flight of my Dynamic S tonight.

Dynamic S

It was a lovely evening with moderate NW winds, I was flying on Mynydd Pysgodlyn. During the flight I was joined by three red kites (shame I didnt have the cam onboard) Flew well from the off with no major trim changes. The model was bought from the HK UK warehouse with motor prop etc. The motor or esc were DOA so have been sent back to HK, the kit included a glider nose which I taped on to have a go on the slope. Spent most of the evening fast cruising along the edge and circling with the kites. Hopefully winds are swinging tomorrow so can have a go on the Gower maybe Sat or Sun. Will let you know how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am extremely lucky where I live! I live 5 mins away from a couple of 360 degree hills called the Whittenham Clumps (near Didcot, Oxon) so no matter what the wind direction, it will be hitting the hill somewhere!

I fly an old Falcon kits Sandpiper and an st model ASW-17 up there when its too windy for the flying field. it doesn't matter what the weather outside is like, there is now a model to suit! it its chucking it down or dark, micro indoor heli, if its fine then down to then field, if its too windy then the slopes it is!!

sorted!

Gary, I wish I was so lucky, Cheshire isn't blessed with much in the way decent sloping sites.

Still, for the 1st time this year I have at last been out on a slope (yes sorry chaps, I feel very guilty embarrassed ). A bit rusty but not enough to raise any issues and soon got into it again.

Had a great afternoon with my ST DG1000 and SAS Fusion (details in my post on this page). I hadn't sloped the DG1000 before but I imagined that it would be fine in lighter winds and it was.

Can't wait for next time!

Greetings from the other side of the world. We have wind here too!. Just been reading through this thread and really loving it. I fly all sorts of models, but ridge soaring is my passion. We are blessed in New Zealand with long skinny islands and can dash from one side to the other if needed to follow the wind. I was thinking how lucky we are one day, when I recalled that neat song by Loius Armstrong and threw a few of my pics together to go with his great sentiments.

**LINK**