Are you or will you be building from a traditional kit or plan?

Posted by kevin b on 13/11/2013 17:33:37:
Posted by john stones 1 on 13/11/2013 16:46:52:

I love artf's had loads of great ones, its not easy to find decent kits now though

I'll agree. It isn't just a case of going to the LMS any more, but there are lots of them still out there. Flair, DB Models, Mick Reeves, to name but 3 and that is not including the availability of "short" kits. Many of which are produced from old kit plans. You can also get your own kit made up by several kit cutters, from your own supplied plan.

kevinb.

yes kevin had most of Flair scout series, built loads of D.B. never had a bad one. would buy mick reeves fw 190d but he told me he no longer do's it. have a fw 190 plan and kit upstairs cut by belair. would be good to see some more company's producing kits though.

• 11 months later...

Not certain which I come under. Many years away from the hobby and previous last build in 1964. Current build is a free Heinkle 162 plan from Mikes Flying Scale Models:

**LINK**

So it's plan build but not commercial plans and I have no objection to ARTF or RTF. or even paper gliders which you can knock out in half an hour and hand out to Nephews, nieces, grandkids or envious onlookers (Have a look here : **LINK**and ,yes., I DOES fly reasonably well) and all it costs is a couple of sheets of paper.

It's not how or what you build. It's the pleasure you get from the building or flying. I can't separate the two so I think of it as a double helping of fun.

Regards

Jim