PSSA Llandudno Meet 2nd Oct 2011

David Gilder

Advert

Nice pics Dave.
Lost my first posting - so heres the short version - presentation of prizes by Phil Cook

1) Rez Manzoori - best static piston powered ( grumman avenger )

Best static Jet to Steve Kemp ( Airbus Emirates scheme )

Best Piston powered flying model - Rez Manzoori (Avenger)

Best Flying Jet - Matt Jones - Vulcan

Best overall model of the day - a new trophy kindly sponsored by Alan Hulmes daughter, and named in her fathers honour - Rez Manzoori - Avenger.

And a very fine trophy it is too

Well done to all pilots who attended and braved the less than ideal conditions - I think despite the challenges we all enjoyed a good days flying, with several impressive models having their maiden flights too!
Noteworthy were the cute little Comet from Matt Jones, Rez's Avenger ( nice touch and go on its maiden flight Phil ) and Steve Kemps Emirates scheme Airbus.
Also in dispatches...."Rocket" Ron Cooper's Swallow, Andy Conway's Boulton Paul, John's peanut scale "Flitzer", and Steve Kemps "back from the dead" Cambrian Spitfire.
Lots of others too numerous to mention, but thanks to all who attended, and thanks to Phil Cooke for the organizing as usual.
Ill try and find a few shots of some of the models mentioned.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 02/10/2011 22:29:01

Thanks for the photos Dave & Tim!

From a personal perspective, I had a great weekend, good times with v good people on both Saturday night and all day Sunday!

I'm also very proud and honoured to be the first recipient of the Alan Hulme Memorial Trophy, so thanks to all who voted for the Grumman Avenger!

Rez

Edited By Tim Mackey on 03/10/2011 10:24:07

Rez, Steve and Matt especially - I have some video ( only point and shoot type simple camera ) of both the Comet's maiden, and also the two Airbus'.
Didnt get any of the Avenger Im afraid as the battery had run down by then .
I'll try and edit them today, and host up on U Tube later.

Im sure others will have some much better pictures than mine and we will get to see them soon.

Last video compilation from me for this event is uploading now...the maiden flight of Steve Kemp's Emirates scheme A380 Airbus, flying together with the slightly older but equally lovely Virgin Atlantic version of Rez Manzoori. Both models are the foam "Windrider" versions, originally designed for EDF, but superbly converted by both chaps for PSSA.

just a few from me for now, showing 2 of the new models at this event - Steve Kemp's Airbus A380 in Emirates scheme and Rez Manzoori's Grumman Avenger - both worthy winners of prizes at this meet. More photos to follow ... as well as the write up on the PSSA site...

A380s duelling on the slope - Airbus would be so proud.

Matt Jones provides a textbook launch for Steves first flight...

Airbus handles great - Steve is one happy camper!

Rez with his 82" Avenger - 14lbs AUW and at this point no real confidence in the balance point on this models HUGE wing!

...what were we worrying about? Flies on rails, CoG felt spot on and she only needed a tiny amount of down trim - model has plenty of energy with its AUW - this is going to prove a worthy PSS model!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 05/10/2011 23:12:02

• 4 weeks later...