OS20 FS

James Thomas 2

I have just rediscovered one of these, it is in good condition, complete with Factory ally motormount,and toolkit. If I remember correctly it was an easy starting and trouble free motor.Just stay with the OS FS plug that is, didn't like any others. Are they sought after at all? I thought about building an Old Timer ( like me!!) to put it in. Its last home was a Heinkel Bi plane fighter , where it was just the job. Any suggestions? ( Not rude or sarcky please!!)

Advert

Posted by Alan 4 on 07/10/2011 22:46:57:
seems they are more saught after than the 26, mate of mine had a clear out of four bangers recently, on advice, we asked more for the 20s--and got it!! my suggestion? flair attila, always wanted one

Excellent recommendation - that;s what I had mine in. Lovely little thing, just like a sewing machine, but firmly in the couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding class, as far a power.

There was a free plan for an Aeronca C1 in Radio Modeller a few years back. I think it was a Philip Kent plan & was quite large & I remember in the write up having doubts about the power but it was no problem apparently.
I may still have a copy somewhere.
I have seen a junior 60 fly with a 26 & it was very overpowered, so I wouldn't expect it to be a problem for the 20-the power requirements for these vintage designs are quite low compared with a modern ply/balsa/foam/composite lumps we fly around today