Value of vintage OS engines

I recently obtained a couple of old OS engines; the first is an OS Max 50 R/C which looks very similar to the 1965 model on the OS web site; the second is an OS Max-S 30 R/C which looks very similar to the 1964 S30 R/C. Both of these engines are un-run and complete with silencers and instruction books. Does anyone know if these have any particular value?

Advert

Posted by Seamus O'Leprosy on 11/10/2011 21:28:01:
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 11/10/2011 20:04:54:
Seamus I though you would be bidding in Euros.

Sorry Tom I'll do the conversion
87.23euro

87 euro = 10p? No wonder the euro is up diarrhoea drive without a spoon if that's the maths on offer

• 3 weeks later...
Stephen, if they are just old version of current or recent models then they don't tend to be worth much, but if they are old unused discontinued models then they are appreciating in value, especially if they are something sought after.

Hi Martin .Being unused and boxed they will obviously have a higher value than a used old engine ,but still only worth what someones willing to pay.As you say they look like the 64 and 65 models then they should be worth a few pounds . Prices are a bit low at the moment but if you are putting them on e-bay I would start at £50 each . A collector who wants that enigine in mint condition would certainly pay that and the price may go higher as there are'nt many of those in mint condition around.Good luck