Custom Designed Bombs?

I have been in drafting for two years when I was in high school, and I was thinking about designing a couple bombs to add on to my WW2 German fighter plane. I know that you can send these designs to websites like this, and they can print the 3d designs and ship you the pieces you made. Has anyone tried to truly customize your models?

Advert

With a title as this thread has, you can expect the security services to take an interest. At least I hope it has opened at least one of its beady eyes.

As for what I think you are asking, facsimile model weapons have been added in the last century, the basic idea is really old hat.

Talcum powder or flour is often packed in the fake bomb, on impact the device comes apart, to give an impression of an explosion.

Popular at galas and shows. It leaves me cold to be honest.

Edited By Erfolg on 25/10/2011 20:05:45

Chris,

please don't multiple post - ie put the same stuff in multiple threads. Thanks

The link you have inserted doesn't work. If you are trying to embed a video then please read the instructions here

Lots of places will do 3D printing or rapid prototyping for you now - but be warned, it isn't cheap, especially if you don't have access to some 3D solid modelling software such as Solid Works etc.

BEB

• 2 weeks later...
The other day, a new poster made a post putting forwards the "brilliant" idea of fitting a fuse in the battery supply lead of a BEC-equipped model.

Several posters, myself included, pointed out why this was a terrible idea and were castigated for our troubles, with the bogus excuse that "both sides" had been aired and folks could make up their own mind. The thread included a moderator stating that it was a good idea.

It was also pointed out that, as a new poster, the person making the post deserved special consideration and that the experience hadn't been very nice for them. Then the thread was closed.

Now, in this thread, a new poster has had a few raps across the knuckles for various infringements of the posting code, including the entirely innocuous posting of a web address.

The bottom line here is that the clunky forum software that will not accommodate what every single forum on the internet can accommodate - a simple web address - is no excuse for continually berating posters who inadvertently post a web address, instead of using the clunky procedure that this software demands. Or for that procedure apparently failing.

It's not a nice experience for new posters to be confronted with admonishment from exasperated moderators for making a trivial mistake.

Please RCM&E - get the forum software sorted out. It'll mean that your moderators don't have to go around tidying up after posters who have made the simple mistake of posting just as they would on any other forum.

you need this   but if you plan on releasing the BOMB  buy spare bombs,     carrying ordanance is part of the warbirds make up,     a model equipped in such a way transforms the look of a warbird,     but, they didnt land with the stuff, so i prefer pylons and suchlike,    this is the gratifying part of this unit, you can actually DROP the thing,     now then,  that typhoon with the 8 rockets, Hmmmmmmmm

Edited By Alan 4 on 05/11/2011 10:06:48