December 2011 Issue

micarus

Advert

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 11/11/2011 00:49:13:
Just wanted to be the first to welcome Simon to the team of regulars

I'll second that. Met up with him last year to take some pics (what a nice fella) and made the mistake of asking him to do a low inverted pass. As a tractor decided to mow the edge of the runway I decided to change position , unfortunately I forgot to tell Si.

Well all I remember was watching him get lower and lower till I ended up flat on my backside as he flew about 2ft above me. I still have nightmares..lol !!

Posted by Foamie Dave on 17/11/2011 23:54:16:
Posted by Slopetrashuk on 11/11/2011 00:49:13:
Just wanted to be the first to welcome Simon to the team of regulars

I'll second that. Met up with him last year to take some pics (what a nice fella) and made the mistake of asking him to do a low inverted pass. As a tractor decided to mow the edge of the runway I decided to change position , unfortunately I forgot to tell Si.

Well all I remember was watching him get lower and lower till I ended up flat on my backside as he flew about 2ft above me. I still have nightmares..lol !!

Only 2 feet eh - he must have been having an off day
Yup, he does like to fly a bit on the wild side - but always exciting, and as has been said already......a really nice chap is Si

Yes , great mag.......much better than any other model flying mag I've ever seen.
BUT REALLY!!!!! 13 whole pages on gliders!!!!! What am de matter here?????
Are you getting bored with real model aircraft????
Is the rumour true that next month will see 13 pages on helIcopters?????......
Groan..... moan..... whine.!!!!!

Posted by Jack Critchley on 20/11/2011 21:29:43:BUT REALLY!!!!! 13 whole pages on gliders!!!!! What am de matter here?????

I must confess I'd never really been into gliders either until seeing the fellas in action... impressed is an understatement. I'm even tempted to have a go after having a read on how its done

Edited By Foamie Dave on 20/11/2011 21:40:32

David, if you are working under the impression that your subs dept sends out clear reminders, you are mistaken. In my recent experience many of my cohorts have missed out on mags due to lapsed subscriptions. As have I.
The only place this info is available to the reader is on the plastic 'foil' cover that the mag arrives in, where it should state number of issues left on the subscription.
Of course mine goes immediately in the bin, ripped to pieces, as I suspect most others do also.
There is nothing sent out from the subs dept.
This and the low availability of the mag in many shops (because I am informed - of the poor stock deals on offer compared to other mags) are the only two failings associated with RCM&E. Both of which are completely out of the control of the editorial staff and the mere modellers that are interested in the publication!

Andy

Posted by Jack Critchley on 20/11/2011 21:29:43:
Yes , great mag.......much better than any other model flying mag I've ever seen.
BUT REALLY!!!!! 13 whole pages on gliders!!!!! What am de matter here?????
Are you getting bored with real model aircraft????
Is the rumour true that next month will see 13 pages on helIcopters?????......
Groan..... moan..... whine.!!!!!

See lads! I told you. One quick stir on the sticks of a moulded glider by the Ed on his holidays worked a treat!
All part of my plan for gl*der*sts global domination.
Coming next issue.......Simon Cocker aerotows the Ed's prototype SE5A PSS model!

Andy

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 21/11/2011 10:05:58:
David, if you are working under the impression that your subs dept sends out clear reminders, you are mistaken. In my recent experience many of my cohorts have missed out on mags due to lapsed subscriptions. As have I.
The only place this info is available to the reader is on the plastic 'foil' cover that the mag arrives in, where it should state number of issues left on the subscription.
Of course mine goes immediately in the bin, ripped to pieces, as I suspect most others do also.
There is nothing sent out from the subs dept.
This and the low availability of the mag in many shops (because I am informed - of the poor stock deals on offer compared to other mags) are the only two failings associated with RCM&E. Both of which are completely out of the control of the editorial staff and the mere modellers that are interested in the publication!

Andy

I wasn't working under that impression which is why I suggested Bob checks just to be on the safe side.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 21/11/2011 10:24:58

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Admin on 21/11/2011 09:58:11:
They should have done Bob although it might be worth picking up the phone.

Janet - 'did you not receive a renewal notice?'
me - no, it seems to be a common problem
Janet - 'oh dear, I'll make sure we get the latest issue sent out to you asap'

Very nice lady, Janet.

Pity there's no special offers for Christmas!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 21/11/2011 10:30:44

You're mis-informed, it's a bit more complicated than that buddy

I don't doubt it mate - But i have to drive 40 miles before I find a model shop that stocks RCM&E yetcan pick up all the other tat much closer to home than that.
When I ask, the answer I get always comes back that "RCM&E won't do the deal that the other mags offer". I wouldn't call that being misinformed.?

Andy

Edited By Slopetrashuk on 21/11/2011 10:33:08

Gawd, what are you on today Ellison?

Go and bully your co-workers or something, like you normally do when you're bored.......

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 21/11/2011 10:45:04