300 extra seagulls in a tree yesterday

Tim Mackey

Advert

Posted by kc on 11/11/2011 19:57:39:
There has been a pole gadget advertised for about 30 pounds in RCME recently which seems to be the thing for this situation. Anybody tried one?
yes just got one after a nasty and very abrasive encounter with a thorny tree, still got he scars to prove it..

I got one last week - superb! looked at buying a pole from flea bay but it would have worked out more expensive. these things do actually work, are very high quality and ermmmm what more can I say - 30 quid well invested!

By the way, grat bit if scribesmanship there tim - and I thought I had a bad day...lol.

cheers all
trev

trev,
Can you tell us the makeof the pole gadget  and where it can be bought from?
It's AGM time next month for most clubs, so clubs with trees might be able to persuade their Treasurers to consider buying one if we know the gadget is good. To be honest I cannot see the gadget being made for long unless there are plenty of people ordering them. So we should buy now if it's a good item.
What about a review in RCME Mr Ashby?  Anybody volounteer to road test one......must be willing to put a model in a tree!

Edited By kc on 12/11/2011 19:17:00

KC,

yes by all means, it is called an aeroloop,
website all info is on there.

Cost is £29.99 plus £6.96 p and p with next day delivery via fedex. It is available only through the website. I can vouch for the quality of the gadget and it has been obviously designed by someone who has had the misfortune to put one up a tree, because its simple and it works.

Any more ???? plse feel free to ask.
cheers
trev

Edited By Tim Mackey on 13/11/2011 18:29:13

Look at it this way. It sounds like you had a truly dreadful day where, for the most part, nothing went your way but in the end you got it back it back in one piece. This due to the unlikely occurrence of a grade A tree climber who happened to be a member of your club and also happened to be there shortly afterwards.

Our field is ringed by tall trees and quite a few planes have got perched in them over the years. Very, very rarely do they get down in one piece. usually its the getting down that kills them.

I once parked a PA Addiction in the top of an 80 foot gum tree out the front of the university where i work. I had to wait for what we Perth people call the October gales to blow it out of the tree so that I could at least retrieve the bits. It was pretty much intact in the tree to start with but when it finally got blown down there wasn't much left. It was so high in the tree you actually had to stand there looking for quite a while to even see it.

Anyway glad you got it back.