Genuine Spekky receiver?

Alan Cantwell

Advert

I couldn't say, but if they are what a bargain.. i might buy one myself! Tim (mod) might know, he uses Spekky...

The seller carefully makes no reference to them being genuine Spektrum receivers, I note.

There have been many instances of Spekky gear being counterfeited and there is a standard reference on Spektrum's web site to beware of counterfeit items.

By counterfeit, I mean anything made so closely to resemble the original item as to deceive a potential purchaser.

I would suspect these are not genuine Spekky Rx's and personally would steer clear of them. However, one could always ask the seller the obvious question......

They might work perfectly well, for all I know.

I use Orange Rx's with every confidence but they make no claims to be a Spektrum product.

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is..........it's a jungle out there!

Pete

I use Orange Rxs (off ebay) for my park flyers. You can get a pack of two for about £17 inc. P&P and I haven't had any probs so far. If needs be, a satellite Rx can be plugged in to provide full range.
Tip: The heavy hard plastic case can be easily removed and the Rx wrapped in suitably sized heat shrink to enable it to be shoe horned into a very small lightweight model.

I use Spektrum receivers and,a while ago,purchased one from Ebay. The seller has a very good reputation,he sells various rc equipment. I used it for a while,no problems,but them had a few glitches.I sent it of to Horizon hobbies to be checked,they told me it was not genuine.
i contacted the seller and he was very sorry and refunded me full cost.The receiver looked very much like a genuine one.
I personally would only now buy from a well known source.
I have sent a message to the seller asking if they are genuine,i will post the reply if i get one.

If you want a small Spektrum compatible Rx what about the DelTang product?
I haven't got one but take a look at the website, the guy really seems to care about what he is selling. Read about them in the modelling press but cannot remember which source.
Shaunie.

He does the AR6200 too.

There seems to be conflicting statements about them being used or new.

There's some things that I will only buy new except when there is a very good cause to buy 2nd hand and I consider Rx's to be one of them.

I suppose a potential purchaser could quite reasonabley ask him for some background information.

It's all very worrying!!

The clue is in the writing which is subtly different, it would help if Spektrum told us that there could be differences between factories or they introduce some kind of system to stop counterfeits (an e-mail code to activate the receiver on providing its serial number?).

The 6100s are park flyer range Tim, mine work to 400 metres, not tried them past that. I've tried the really cheapo Orange DSM2 receivers in gliders and can 'speck them out' which is surprising!

I bought an AR6200 from a reputable shop (cheapest in the land though) and it was externally different to the other AR6200 I have. Works fine but the doubt is there.

GB