New Phoenix 4 sim (beta)

David Ashby - Moderator

Hi all,

When I run my V3 it says there si an update to V4 do I wnat ti download/install.

Part way through downloading it states update failed.

I've tried Phoenix as admin, virus checker off, firewall off, uac off and various combinations.

I don't want to go through uninstalling reinstalling if possible.

I'm not too bothered about in cockpit view as I've used microsoft sims since early 80's

regards

Steve

Hi Guys,

this problem seems to be wide spread. I think it is because of a lack of bandwidth on their server - i.e. they simply can't keep up with the shear number of people all over trying to download the update.

I suggest that you leave it to what is likely to be a quieter time - the "wee small hours" or early morning when you are likley to have more sucess. Alternatively - wait a couple of weeks and the rush will have died down!

BEB

It took me a while, and many failed attempts, to get the update installed. I even set it off at 2:30am one day and came back the following morning to find it had failed again.

In the end I found the update file on the Phoenix website and downloaded the file from there. After saving the update file I double-clicked on it and got the "no program associated, what program do you want to use..." message. Whilst pondering the answer to that I re-opened Phoenix and accepted the invitation to install the update. This time it went through the upgrade right to the end.

Now whether it actually used my previously-downloaded file, or whether it did download the update again I don't know. And if it did redo the download whether or not it didn't fail because I already had a manually downloaded copy of the file, againI have no idea! But - coincidence or not - that is the sequence of events that worked for me.

Edited By John Privett on 13/04/2012 23:59:23

Hiya all. I've updated to the latest? offering fom Phoenix which is V4.0j. Had a bit of a problem to start with but uploaded easily enough, eventually. The reason I have gone to whole hog is because if you want to fly 'around the world' the majority of people on line have all gone to v4.0j and you need to be on this to join them. I have found no problems with this version at all and I'm really enjoying it, except when you get buzzed by the crazy Italians and you can't understand a word they are saying. lol

Geoff...........Bella Bella dept.

Well I kept on trying, and this morning when I checked for updates, there was an update from V3.0.s to V3.0.t which updated straight away, as soon as Phoenix re-started, it told me the update to V4.0j was available and this time when I clicked on update it downloaded straight away so maybe Phoenix have added an extra update to cover problems downloding V4. Not had a proper play with it yet, will save that for tonight.

Tony