big fat bum

Ernie

Hi Scale guys

Would you believe it?

My wife's big fat bum has just knocked the half finished fuselage of my lovely 1/4 scale Fokker E111 onto the bedroom floor. It's not any old Fokker, but a true beauty in the making. Five broken formers at the back, and the whole lot will probably have to be all jigged up again.  There must be a humane solution to this sort of behaviour.

ernie

Advert

Commiserations Ernie, do as I did mate and start with a small desk in the corner of the dining room then add a filing cabinet then a wood rack and some shelves for the books then a bench to work on then a rack to store the paint and stuff then throw the table and chairs out into the kitchen.

This gives space for lots more stuff but you need to get rid of the curtains as they collect dust so replace them with roller blinds and chuck that bloody carpet out too, dining room lights are useless to work under so store them in the shed and fit big fluorescents with a spot light or two, thats what I did twenty years ago and my missus is still talking to me.

Mind you I made about 25 grand building ship models for museums so perhaps that has something to do with it, 

regards,           Terry

Hi Eric,

I nicked the small bedroom for my computer, books and stuff to keep them free of dust even though there was room in my workroom for them, we have two cats both long haired a Persian and half-Persian tortoiseshell so models end up looking a bit akin to a Wooly Mammoth.

I have never been a fan of WW1 aircraft but have taken a fancy to building the Focker DR1 and Soppy in the latest two mag issues so perhaps there is still hope for me yet Ernie old mate! not everything in life has to have a Bristol Centaurus bolted on the sharp end,

regards,          Terry