Hi

Oldbaldfella

Advert

Oldbaldgit

Just realised I live just a few miles from the "Hole of Horcom" in Langdale end that I moved to a year ago . I have never flown a proper glider for about 60 years ! Do you reckon it would be worth making one to fly off the "Hole" .It certainly looks OK from the OS map . Would you reckon a motorised machine would be my best bet or not ? I'm not very mobile so would not be able to hike up or down hill too much

Myron (an even older oldbaldgrumpygit)

Cheers everybody.

The biggest change I've seen up to now is how the radio operates . Need to read up on that a bit...!

How would you say the cost of the hobby is compared to a few years back? I get the impression it may have fallen a little, but remembering what I paid for things last week eludes me now, never mind 8 years ago.

• 1 month later...

G'day there OBG:I've been losing a bit over the years too so I called in to a road-side business one day & said "what do you reckon"?She said "woman find bald men attractive" That was it! But I digress: I fly a hell of a long way away from you blokes & have only in the last few years tried to become enthusiastic again.I lived in the midlands here in Tasmania for 7 years while I built a house& did lots of flying glo powered models & slope soaring on a long bank less than a mile from the house where we were living.To sit among the tussocks & share the air with hawks & eagles was just great. Then when batteries were getting a bit low just stroll down the hill & land at the back door.But then we moved to the city & had a 10 year break from aero-modelling,kids are gone have just about finished another house while learning about batteries & electric flying. So far too many No's & formulas which a bit much at present;even the new digital radios are a challenge compared with my old futaba A M units.Even finding my way around this forum has been difficult but enjoyable & informative. So there! I've said hello!