Today was a good day

Robin Kearney

Well today didn't go quite as I expected. I thought I'd have a couple of flights on my Wot 4 with my instructor and then maybe have time for him to maiden my Mini Tyro.

After a couple of flights he suggested I tried a couple more solo. These went well enough for him to suggest taking my A test today as well. Blimey! The other examiner happened to be around today so I figured might as well go for it.

So I here I sit, there wasn't enough time to maiden the Tyro, but it appears I have a A certificate to post off to the BMFA! I'm so pleased to have passed the Tyro can wait until next time!

r.

Advert

Well done.

I have just gone solo and so am practicing the A scheduale, but haven't been up much recently due to work commitments. I definitaly won't be up much in 2 weeks time though as I'm flying full size gliders for a week, and hopefully will get my A and B Full size tickets!

Olly

Have you had your first totally solo flight yet? No instructor even standing by you. That's always a great moment - it feels good to just say "I think I'll have a flight" and not have to ask someone else. But all us old hands then have to pretend not to be watching you in case we put you off - but you know that really we are, and we know you know we are....wink 2

All good fun!

BEB

I have, but not at the club patch. I'm essentially self taugh and have been flying for a few years now, I always take my little Multiplex Merlin on holidays where I try and find a slope where I can have a little fly.

I am very much looking forward to a quiet afternoon where I can just slope off to the patch on my own though, this is what I've really been looking forward too!

Right, must clear some of my work for the week to see if I can fit in a quick session

r.