AR6210 Satellite Rx LED?

Trevor Crook

I've just bound a new AR6210 receiver to my DSM2 DX7 transmitter. Everything works fine, but the satellite receiver doesn't seem to have an orange LED in it, unlike my older 6200s. Can anyone out there confirm this is the case, or have I got a faulty one? Just thought I'd ask the community before contacting Horizon.

Advert

Trevor, yes these have LED indicators and should show a steady light when bound to your TX.
A flashing LED is seen after a power drop/cut or during the binding process.
If the remote receiver isn't connected properly the LED may not illuminate (check cable & plugs).

Contacting Horizon Hobby by telephone has always been a positive experience for me.
I hope this helps.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 09/03/2012 13:57:12

• 2 weeks later...

Update and conclusion

I initially e-mailed Horizon describing my problem. I got a reply next day suggesting I try re-binding with the Tx further away as swamping occasionally gave problems. Tried this, no joy. Didn't expect any really as the satellite LED didn't flash even before the Tx was switched on.

I posted it back to Horizon last Friday, and got a new one in the post today, Tuesday. That's a pretty impressive turn around. The new receiver checks out fine.

With that level of service and no problems 'til now with about 10 Rx's and 2 Tx's between my son and I, I won't be changing radio brands any time soon!

A friend of mine with speccy gear had a none radio problem with his aeroplane the other day, took off the battery cover and there was a steady light on the main Rx, the satellite was flashing a brown out though.

Hmm, kinda makes ya think what coulda happened don't it face 4.