Jumbo - Cross wind landing

Advert

and before the mods jump on me, i tried the new link thing, and this is what i got,

the elephant was a creation from a long time ago, its had earivons, legavators, and its back end was the rudder, it looked superb, and i had Kelvin a bet that if it flew, i would platt treacle, one night, knock at the door, and on opening, there was a tin of treacle, it flew superb, power was a meteor 61, sadly, both the model, and Kelvin are long gone, the model succumbed to radio trouble at a show, and had to be dumped, Kelvin succombed to cancer 2 years ago, sadly missed, he ws a tinkerer, and loved the unusual, many a time at the field, passers by had a double take!!!

Posted by Alan 4 on 17/03/2012 09:29:52:

the elephant was a creation from a long time ago, its had earivons, legavators, and its back end was the rudder, it looked superb, and i had Kelvin a bet that if it flew, i would platt treacle, one night, knock at the door, and on opening, there was a tin of treacle, it flew superb, power was a meteor 61, sadly, both the model, and Kelvin are long gone, the model succumbed to radio trouble at a show, and had to be dumped, Kelvin succombed to cancer 2 years ago, sadly missed, he ws a tinkerer, and loved the unusual, many a time at the field, passers by had a double take!!!

So Alan - how did you get on with the treacle?

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 17/03/2012 12:00:05

Kelvin was hiding round the corner of the porch, i saw the tin, it clicked, i shouted never in the world of god, he popped his head up, said yes it does, and many many flights later, it met its end, he also did a small indoor one, the big one even had the mouse riding it, aka dumbo, this had a moving head, and flashing eyes, great innovator was Kelvin, very very sadly missed, tight git took the treacle back though