Corona / Frsky compatibility

steve watkin

If I buy the Corona JR 2.4 module for my 3810 what Rx can I use?
Obviously the Corona one will be OK but that is out of stock at GC at the moment so what about the Frsky one, will that work?

If not is there anything other than Corona that will be OK for the time being untill they come back into stock?

Edited By steve watkin on 31/03/2012 16:21:36

Advert

Posted by Paul Marsh on 31/03/2012 16:50:44:

I wouldn't use Corona. I've got the same set-up, but not very reliable. It binds ok, but a sometimes disconnects and obviously this is not good. Won't commit anything to the air with this dross.

I've been using the Corona V2 system for over 3 years now in 20+ different models. Used it in electric planes and gliders. Tested to over 3000 feet range with Tx and Rx at held at approx 3 feet above ground level. Flown gliders, both electric and slope, at extreme range ie. as far out as I was comfortable flying. I've used the 4, 6 & 8 channel receivers and have 3 transmitters fitted with both the module system and also the DIY 'hack' system. Two other club members are using the Corona system. None of us have had ANY problems at all in thousands of flights. NOT ONE. Totally glitch free and absolutely NO incidents attributable to Tx / Rx problems. (Which is more than I can say for a certain well known branded system).

I would hardly call this system 'dross' !

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Paul Marsh on this one . I fitted corona DSSS V2 gear to most of my models and thought it was ok. I noticed that it would bind instantly at home in the garage but took an age to bind at the field ? Possibly other 2.4 sets using frequencies made it search harder? If the tx was switched off to test re-connection or failsafe it could take 10-15 seconds to re-connect ! Have now changed to FR-Sky and its absolutely brilliant ,binds almost instantly and reconnects on test almost instantly and has a proper failsafe system that you only have to set once . So suggestion to Steve is cut your losses and change over to Fr-sky you wont be sorry. Fr-Sky will only work with its own brand of gear . Fr-Sky do make Rx that work with Futaba and Jr 2.4 Tx's but they wont work with the Fr-Sky Module .

Hope it helps