DX8 glitch?

Paul Thompson 1

Hi,

I've discovered a glitch in my DX8 whereby the scroll button shuts down & restarts the Tx in mixer screen, it also clears any data previously entered in all mixer menus.

Select the menu for "Mix 1", Mix 1 is in bold type at top of screen, move scroll button one click to the right and box appears around Mix 1, click scroll button and box starts flashing, move scroll button one click to the left and Mix 1 changes to "AIL > RUD" now move scroll button to the right and Tx shuts down & restarts.

Before I email Spektrum need to know whether this fault is unique to my Tx or is common to all DX8's, so if other owners could try it out and let me know please.

Advert

Hi Paul.

I have the same fault with TX, i was programming today my first model with it and it did exactly as you decribed, I thought that was weird, anyway made me feel a little uncomfitable about the transmitters performance.

Interested in what spektrum have to say about it.

Cheers Tony

I've just checked and mine does it too but I'm not sure it's a fault or a problem. There are two pre-set mixes, ELE/FLP and AIL/RUD and there are 6 free mixes available. As AIL/RUD is already available it may just not allow you to repeat the same mix elsewhere and reboots when it detects an attempt to do so.

Mind you, I don't find programming Tx mixes a particularly easy subject...........disgust

Pete

To me it's a fault not a problem, as it deletes all previously entered values in all mixes, very annoying.. angry

I've emailed Horizon UK & USA and will see what they say, though going by their past record I think they will quickly resolve the issue. smiley

Edited By Paul Thompson 1 on 17/04/2012 23:49:35

It's just a thought but it may be worth posting the symptoms in this thread over on RCG. It is now ridiculously long at over 1000 pages but has been useful if you ignore the dross. Totally unreasonable to expect anyone to wade through it all looking for the same problem but a mention of the issue may get a response. Andy Kunz of Spektrum monitors the thread so you may get a fairly quick answer.

Pete

Posted by Paul Thompson 1 on 18/04/2012 19:13:49:

Had a reply from a John Norris at Horizon UK who says that fault will be resolved in next firmware update, so sounds like they're aware of the issue. yes

Very quick response, but you would think that a commercial product would have been thouroughly tested and debugged.

It seems like home grown open sauce software.