Flight stabiliser

ericrw

I've lost my "jumper" which I need to reset my FY-20A flight stabiliser. I cannot remember seeing it ( I don't even know what it looks like) when I bought the system but It appears I need it now to reset! Does anyone know where I could obtain one or is there an alternative. Perhaps the forum technocrats might have the answer to the latter .

Advert

Steve, I don't know what it looks like , or for that matter a PC board jumper but by the diagram it appears to be a flat shaped and lies across two of the three pins. The adjacent pins are where you plug in the servos. Thanks for your response, hope this helps!

Well a "jumper" basically joins two or more pins together! Its easy to replace - provided we know exactly which pins we need to bridge across! If you are sure its these two you have identified then all you need is something that connects, or bridges, across those two pins.

Obviously without a picture it impossible to be sure but its possble that the binding plug from a Spectrum radio would do the trick - as that is exactly what that does - ie bridge across two pins.

But to be honest the safest bet would be to email the manufacturer and ask for some advice TBH.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/04/2012 20:52:52

If it connects two of three pins, a bind plug/cable will probably work, they just connect the two outer of the three pins, so you could use an old servo lead, or cut a servo extension cable and join the two outer wires.

I wouldn't suggest using a piece of wire with bare ends to short them, as the centre pin in likely to be the supply positive, and one of the end pins will be te supply negative, so a slip could be expensive.

Wait for the reply, then see how best to work it.

From what I recall of the reset jumper, it was a small yellow plug which jumped two adjacent pins unlike the usual plug that jumps the two outer pins.
Do still have the instructions, it's written in them?
I don't have access to mine at the moment I'm afraid as I left my rc gear in the UK.

Posted by James40 on 19/04/2012 05:28:58:
Row 8, pins B and C

See here 

Looks like an ordinary PC type jumper (they are not really made just for PCs, just that that is the most common place to find them in an ordinary household), and it is not a servo output, but the one next to it is, so I still wouldn't suggest a piece of bare wire.

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 19/04/2012 15:25:34

I'm still waiting for a response from the makers. I do have the instructions James but no jumper. By the way you desribed the jumper ie, yellow in colour, makes me even more so , that I did not receive one with the package. I will try the bind plug if no response from the makers.

Posted by ericrw on 19/04/2012 09:04:21:

I'm still waiting for a response from the makers. I do have the instructions James but no jumper. By the way you desribed the jumper ie, yellow in colour, makes me even more so , that I did not receive one with the package. I will try the bind plug if no response from the makers.

I don't think the bind plug will work, as they connect the two outer pins.

It looks liks an ordinary jumper will work, have you got an old disk drive or CDdrive with a jumper o the back, otherwise your local computer shop will probably give you one.

You could use the bind plug if you moved one wire, but then be very careful not to use it in the receiver, as itr willl be a direct short across the power