kings lynn model shop

Rusty C

I forgot to mention that where my courier companies fail, I do use Royal Mail as a backup. They are more expensive but at least my customers can still buy the item from me and are fully aware up front that the extra cost is due to the courier and not myself. I can't see why KLM would not be able to offer this as an option.

Advert

I have had the same problem with KL - good service and prices but delivery is a problem to us in Aberdeenshire, just outside the city boundaries of Aberdeen, the oil capital of Europe.

They did deliver to us but charged an additional £30 or so. I think that they had to get another courier from their normal one.

cheers,

Brian

Similar problem when I tried to use them a year or so ago. They could not deliver to a BFPO address. No idea why as BFPO address is a UK post code. Their courier just delivers the order to the main depot in the UK and the military take it from there. Its not as if BFPO is some thing new.

Kings Lynn Models have a contract with a courier. Sadly that contarct does not cover certain post codes or over seas or BFPO addresses.

Its not unusual these days in any business.

Using Royal mail is cost prohibitive and unreliable, ask me how I know.

If you have a problem with a refund, please just call the shop. Its not difficult and can help in maybe finding an alternative.

The shop does not normally take payment for out of stock items.

I don't work for KLMS, and i am not paid by them, but I do help them out a fair bit and look after thier interests on another forum.

I also helped sort out the advertising the shop does on this forum.

Please, if you have a problem call the shop first.

Cheers

Charlie C

Charlie

I was refunded today so there is no problem really. I was just a bit put a back when the order was cancelled as I am having some trouble finding said model. I would consider another order if they have any suggestions, Thanks

I think that Allan is right they should try work out a possible alternative delivery for us overseas (north scotland) people smile p I have already been charged 17.50 by wheelspin models before which aint to bad if you make a big order, certainly not backing this charge but there does not seem to be an alternative for as no shops near me.

Rusty

Hi Rusty,

It has been looked and, and i'm sure it will be re-visited again soon, however, the cost of carriage becomes prohibitive.

I wouldn't enertain paying the rates that rae demanded to cover the gaps in the post codes.

It is always being looked at though, I promise.

Charlie C

I read some utter nosence here. Because the courier are "contracted" to them they are unable to use any other courier?. Lord Sugar would look at them and it would certainly be "Your Fired". In these days a pound is a pound and if a customer is made aware of additional charges then its up to the supplier to put the extra effort in. Please do no try to make excuses for incompetence by blaming couriers.

Edited By Hamish on 19/04/2012 17:23:02

I never said anything about incompetence.

Obviously your not interested in a post that is trying to explain facts.

You would,by inference expect a shop, any shop, to devise another method of delivery to sit individual circustances, even if that meant delivering at a loss.frown

Oh well.

I tried.

Charlie C

You need to read my post Charlie. I said they are incompetent you did not . I also said "if a customer is made aware of additional charges" so no loss to supplier and really not that difficult to use another courier.

Im afraid in this climate business need to chase sales and not adopt "we only do it this way" attitude

"Oh well, I Tried" as Lord Sugar would say "Your fired" as not sufficient effort.

This one could drag on for no purpose.

The last thing I have to say is that the shop has tried individual case charge setting. It takes a lot of time and effort and usually the customer involved comes back with "How Much, no thank you"

Anyway, enough is enough.

Regards

Charlie C

* posted just after your answer Chalie, thanks for your previous post *

Charlie

I think what people can't fathom is if a customer was requesting delivery to these 'out of area' sectors of the UK and was aware when placing the order that there would be extra charges (because of a limitation set by a courier) why could Royal Mail not be used?

I work to the same policy when I sell online and it works for me. I don't have to work any harder to arrange the delivery to suit that individuals circumstances (that they are not covered by my courier), it's just a different courier (Royal Mail Parcel Force) and the customers address.
Would this not work for KLM?

Granted that most sales do become over priced but you do get instances when a customer can't source elsewhere and will pay the delivery premium, this happens to me quite regularly.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 19/04/2012 18:30:14

I agree there is no point in continuing on this subject. My last comment is that I emailed KL this morning and asked if they posted to IV. I still await a single word reply "Yes" or "No" but it could be half daydevil but silence speaks volumes.

I thought this was put to bed. There is no suggestion of incompetence in the way they have made the refund etc. My point about incompetence is that they would rather loose a sale and a customer by not using another carrier. Now "Your fired"smiley