Seeing as we are never going to fly for real again..............

Oldbaldfella

Advert

Well I wouldn't agree! And I am a Phoenix user!

Phoenix is very good and has many features. But I do think you need to at least look at the others - they might suit your needs better - you never know.

For example I have heard tell that some other sims are better for helis. I wouldn't know for sure as I don't fly helis.

I think the physics and the graphics are on a par for the top sims - except of course one of them is now offering 3D! And it isn't Phoenix

I'd have a look around see what recommendations you get on here from members - then yes probably buy Phoenix wink 2

BEB

Well there are several you could look at before plumping for Phoenix!

RealFlight has to be a serious candidate. Costs a bit more, but it is a very good simulator.

AeroFly - another good sim

PlaneMaster - perhaps not quite in the same league - but much cheaper (approx £20) and it might do everything you want to do? Maybe. Certainly worth a look.

That should keep you going - others may well have further suggestions.

BEB

It is - but its also quite pricey. I suppose what you have to weigh up is the question "is the extra price over Phoenix justified with real extra facilities I will use?" If so - go for it. Its certainly a nice system. I know a couple of people with it and they swear by it.

The big pluses for Phoenix have to be:

1. The free update policy - I don't know ig RealFlight do that as well?

2. The "online" capability. Which for many is a bit of a gimick. But if you're a regular on here is less of a gimick than you might expect. As you may have seen there are fairly regular Phoenix Online group virtual "fly ins" which are often great fun.

You pays yer money etc.

BEB

I've got realflight g5.5 and I do really like it BUT you have to pay for major updates. Minor updates you get free but major ones you have to splash the cash for (if you want the updates). Tried Phoenix and for me it didn't feel quite so "real" but other people say it's the other way round. I would strongly suggest having a play and see which you prefer.