Advert

Male Jewellery!

What is inside the box is more important.. and it wont make me a better pilot, I will never get beyond mediocre at the best and I can manage that with a 2 channel Futaba M.

If I keep telling myself all that I may convince myself that I dont really want it.

I dont want it,

I dont want it,

I dont want it,

I dont want it,

I ..... want it,

Martyn

I've been very pleased with the Jeti electric bits in the box (plastic) plugged into the back of my FF10 for the last 2 years or more and the airborne ones lurking in various models so I'm hoping they won't be skimping in this area (unlikely). The stick gimbals (using hall effect sensors) are also a work of art/engineering.

Edited By Martin Harris on 29/05/2012 16:17:59

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the Jeti to come out. It has been delayed and delayed. Like you Martin I have been using the Jeti module on my JR 9X and all my models are on Jeti receivers with current sensors. Solid as a rock, love them. David or Graham Ashby (can't remember which I was telling me) held one of these MC16 Tx at Nuremberg and suggested to me that they are on a tray normally as they are very heavy. The DC16 (handheld type) has been delayed even longer apparently...... Come on Jeti.....

Latest info is the tray one should be sent out to suppliers "next week" but they do need to be careful not to kill the golden goose by people running out of patience. The hand held isn't ready yet.

The reason given on the Jeti site - due to unexpected projected demands they needed to work out better production facilities!

GAWD ive just watched 4 minutes of work,

5 axis milling is the new kid on the block, weve just ordered one, its not the cutting of metal, its the programming, get it wrong, and its a big bang, we cad all tool movements, viewing the actual machine, in 3d form on the computer, all machining operations can be viewd before metal is cut, clever eh?

• 1 month later...

I was involved in the design and manufacture of CNC equipment many years ago (left the company in 1991). I always found it fascinating even from the inside, and still do. I once had to optimise the part program on a CNC internal grinding machine. The program took 3 minutes to run and I was asked (instructed) to get the time under a minute. I managed it, just. But not before I made a minor programming error, I missed a decimal point out and put a 50mm grinding wheel at 45,000 rpm out through the side of the workpiece, or rather the machine tried to, nothing of the wheel was ever found! Still they got the machine square and true inside half a day so no harm done then! Play hard with your toys and occasionally you break one, that's what I say.

on my CNC lathe, on the very very first hour of use, by a very green operator, who had not had enough training, but it was a teaching lathe, so so what, sad i had not referenced a tool (told it where it was) wth the result that it smashed into a 6inch three jaw chuck, with hardended jaws, at 2500 RPM, at about 30 mph, disgust big bang, all out of line, bearings damaged, i was not popular, ho hum, i am its master now though, but we got it fixed for free cos we proved there was a fault with the door closing mechanism thumbs up

i often think of the guys who design these things, damned clever, some of the machines we have, citizen sliding head autos, are very complex, and have a lot going on all at the same time, daft thing is, it all souns difficult, but i reckon a modern CNC apprenticeship could be easly done in 2 years, put them on manuals, and it will still be 5 years, there aint no skill in it anymore