Parkzone Albatros

Erfolg

I finally flew the Albatross today.

I really would benefit from some feed back from others who have flown it.

I found it flies a little quicker than I had hoped, but not to fast.

I found the landing the most difficult, in that I made a quite fast approach, just before touch down I dropped a wing tip, thereby becoming an arrival. I certainly never got the model to a three point position, it would have wheeled in. Until then i was reasonably happy

How have others found the whole round performance, particularly lowish speed?

• 1 month later...
Advert

Did not think there were any issues with the throws given.

I personally need to fly the model a lot more before I can be truly objective.

I think I can say with confidence, they are not a million miles to high. Although I use 50% exponential as standard now.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, how does it fly, Hmm

I guess of its type, it flies really well. It can handle moderate wind well. Compared with a balsa, tissue, 1/32 shell it is a little faster in still air. Then again, it is a lot tougher.

All in all, flies and looks a lot better than anything I could build of its type and size.

erfog. thanks for that its quite helpful,the reason i asked was i had a go with a mates double winger think it was a small christen eagle didnt like it one bit,but David Ashbys review of the albatros in the novembers issue of the RCM&E magazine gave me a urge to splash some cash.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

After a few weeks flying (gently) my albatross is showing severe signs of fatigue, i use her mainly for aerial photography and although shes overpowered the extra grunt is not been used yet , she flys in all conditions, wind, rain , anything but is flown in a very gentle and soft manner, i have recently had the main struts snap in flight ( managed to land ok) and now this morning the rudder tape hinge decided to let go, from around 300ft this was an interesting descent indeed but one that i managed to save by ditching in a reservoir, luckily no damage occured with both airframe and electrics, i've had a look at all the tape hinges and they are all on the brink of failing, i'm going to replace with plastic hinges later as a failsafe , i know longer trust the factory tape, i have alot of parkzone aircraft one in particular the p51 and that has been flown hundreds of time without problems , not sure what parkzone has done this time with there tape, would be good to hear if anyone else has had similar problems, if not please check you're hinges,

Happy flying,

Scott

Edited By scott finnie on 12/11/2012 11:34:31

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/11/2012 11:58:26