Druine Turbulent

Big Bandit

Hi All,

I've just found a plan that has been hanging around for a long tme, it's the Druine Turerbulent that was a free plan in the Feb 2000 issue of RCM&E. On the plan there is no indication of the motor size, it also features leading edge slots but no indication on the plan of how they are contructed or fitted.

What I'm looking for is the original article from the mag. I've checked the back issues, but that month isn't listed. If anyone has the article I'd be quite happy to pay for a copy.

Cheers,

Chris.

Advert

I have designed two Turbulents. Not that one.

The way I made the slots was to make the ribs in the slot area smaller at the front and cut the leading edge sheet to allow it to follow the new shape of the ribs.

The actual slot is shaped from balsa and glued in place after covering the wing.

You will need to add sub ribs glued to the full ribs at the ends of the slot to take the ends of the LE Sheet in the slot area.

If this is not clear I can photograph the sections on the plan and post the pictures later today or tomorrow.

The plan in RCM&E was a rework of an original Gordon Whitehead design which was published in Radio Modeller in the distant past. It was designed for 0.19 - 0.25 motors and 4 function RC. A great flyer, I've built two! If you want a scan of the original RM article or the RCM&E one it can be arranged.

I understand you can order the plans shown from RAM Models. IT will be a kit eventually.

The plans are not listed but someone said that they had bought a set. An email should get and answer.

Here

The other one, similar, can be bought from Traplet publications. I think that this one will benefit from more posoitive incidence on the tailplane

Edited By Peter Miller on 21/06/2012 18:21:17

Edited By Peter Miller on 21/06/2012 18:25:14

Thanks Peter, Funflyer,

As soon as this persistant rain stops I'm reroofing the garage and converting it to a workshop so the back end of the year fits in with the general plan so thats high on the build list, and I'll also build the smaller version as Fun flyers looks my kind of build, so that's two Turbies, two Astro hogs (72" and 48", a Flair Baronett and finish the Small Mick Reaves Gangster that I put to one side to build the Super 60 and Matador.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 22/06/2012 14:22:46