RAF Saves model flyer

Advert

Guys I've now had to delete a post from this thread. Please note that describing other forum members as ignorant and stating that they should keep their opinions to themselves is not acceptable on here - no matter how strongly you hold your views!

Please ensure that all contributions continue to show respect for other's points of view and are framed in the spirit of friendly debate.

Thanks

BEB

An embarrassing and potentially nasty situation resolved professionally by what must have been an informed decision by the rescue services. I would guess that they felt it would be hazardous to allow a rescue team to try to work from the ground?

Now that he's safely back on his feet, he deserves to have the proverbial taken out of him mercilessly by his mates and those who don't know him should mind their own business! As for those reported to have made personal threats and vicious comments, I don't know whether to just feel sorry for them or to hope that they go through a similar experience one day!

Edited By Martin Harris on 08/07/2012 14:41:40

If someone holds an opinion on a matter, based on ignorance of the true facts of the circumstances that led to it, then maybe it would be better to find out the truth first before expressing it, instead of believing what is written in the media? Especially when someone is already getting a load of grief about what happened due to people seeing a conclusion and jumping to it?

Stating that - "The police attending with an ambulance to calm the casualty whilst the fire brigade were on route with cutting equipment is a much better option for such a scenario were it to happen again" - shows an ignorance (ie. lack of knowledge) of the true circumstances of what actually occured.

As I said in the deleted post. The terrain made it impossible for my flying buddy to be rescued in any other way.

It is the propogation of opinions, based on untruths, that has caused so much grief to the party concerned. He has even had death threats because of it!

Unbelievable!!

Edited By Devon Flyer on 08/07/2012 15:02:59

It is slightly sad that many of the anti-Daily Mail comments on here mirror (no pun intended) some of the unknowledgeable comments about our hobby on DM Online. I am a regular DM reader, as will be many other Modelflying subscribers, and am fully capable of filtering and differentiating fact from elaboration, and the DM did not originate this story. We all know that journalists are just politicians who fail to get elected. A glance at any paper will show the has-beens or never-weres who are paid to write in them - even John Prescott for heaven's sake!

Posted by Alan Cantwell on 08/07/2012 09:08:25:

Dorset flyer has just three posts, could be a spy, certainly with those comments about a fellow human being, wrapped in thick clothes, gorse bushes tearing into him, stuck upside down for an hour, no fluids, i have no objection, as tax payer, in having the rescue done by helicopter, not all rescues are done at sea, like i said IT WAS THE GROUND BASED TROOPS that decided on the helo, so just be glad that the poor guy didnt snuff it, question for you Dorset flyer, have you ever seen rough gorse? i saw a sheep die in the stuff once, could not get to it, it simply got stabbed to death, that was many years ago, i can only imagine the fear this poor guy was going through, and the feeling of helplessness that his mates felt,

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 08/07/2012 09:18:24

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 08/07/2012 09:33:24

Hello Alan, i only have 3 posts as i re-registered here following a long absence of which i had a great many posts as Dorset Flyer! yes i have seen gorse etc... i said in my post that it was not aimed at the chap but rather aimed at a possible future incident .... guess we can all make mis placed assumptions hey wink

I know the chap has a friend here that was with him and is well aware of the facts of the situation, but you also need to expect that those that were not there will comment on the story if posted on a "forum" and need to ease up on jumping on peoples opinions, we are here to discuss and i would prefer we kept it that way instead of personally attacking one another!

Maybe i'll take another break........

the spy bit was tongue in cheek, we are not dealing here with what ifs, we are dealing with a fellow flyer who was in a situation now, not in the theoretical future, and a newspaper story that has him damned, i would expect you to support this poor guy, simple as that, as for taking another break, feel free its up to you