HobbyKing UK Open

Advert

Scott,

In an earlier post I asked, would HK UK be shipping to the whole of Ireland soon? which you kindly replied that you would be and it should be sorted within the next few days. I just tried to purchase a Dynamic S glider from the UK store (as there is only 9 left) and I am wondering are you any closer to being able to do this as the system will only ship it from Germany and at a cost of $26 for shipping!!!!!! I won't be ordering it..

Maverick, the prices are more expensive compared to the international warehouse, thats probably because of the VAT added. when you shop in a supermarket they dont advertise the VAT your paying either, it doesnt cost an extra 20% at the till, its all in the price you see on the shelf,

Bob, I know how to change the prices on the website to pounds but when I went through to paypal it changed back to dollars and it charges a bit to convert too I think

It's time that Hobby King sort out the currency issues.

When you change to GBP the site takes you back to the homepage. HK told me that they'd fix this. Also, if you select the UK warehouse, and they've already asked where you are, the currency should default to GBP.

I've been really pleased to see the stock increase over the last few days but nothing has been added today angry

Posted by Garbo on 12/07/2012 19:45:38:
Posted by NigelH on 12/07/2012 19:39:28:

I was waiting for the speed controllers before ordering a Bixler but now they are here, the Bixlers have gone. With some LEDs they should make a soothing easy flyer, even once the nights have drawn in. When will we be seeing more in the UK ?

The AXN Floater comes reccomended by a few guys who fly them in all kinds of weather and as fpv mounts

Good advice thanks. Too public though, I suspect.

I went there and they'd got one left. I read the reviews from one of their other sites to find that it's at least as good as the Bixler, albeit a little smaller,only to find that when I went back to the UK site again it had been sold. Might have been Bob Gadd ?

As mentioned above, one thing worth doing when looking at the items is to search for the same item from the other locations, just to see what issues people may have had. HK really ought to merge all the discussions and reviews into a single database so that no matter where you choose to shop from, all the information is there.

Posted by NigelH on 13/07/2012 19:20:06:

When you change to GBP the site takes you back to the homepage. HK told me that they'd fix this. Also, if you select the UK warehouse, and they've already asked where you are, the currency should default to GBP.

I've been really pleased to see the stock increase over the last few days but nothing has been added today angry

I think they are planning to open up UK warehouse ordering for other countries shortly, so it is a pain but kinda makes sense if the prices are all in dollars. Then it will be easier to compare prices and see which warehouse gives the best price/delivery ratio. Perhaps if you could set a preference for when you sign on.

Posted by NigelH on 13/07/2012 19:20:06:

The USD option is becuase you are still having to go through our main page, this will all change in soon, as will the ordering system.....as for stock, much, much more in containers being sorted out and will be activated soon.

The question of certain importers not paying VAT has been raised several times in uk forums. Personally I don't know the facts of the matter but equally, I am sure that if tax avoidance is a possibility, then HMRC will be swift to take action.

To the best of my knowledge, this has never happened and until it does I shall spend my cash with whomever I feel offers the best deal and do so with a clear conscience.

I don't really see why a consumer would be concerned with a company business strategy beyond the obvious assessment of quality, price, fitness for purpose and aftersales care??

Is it just me?

stu k

Gentlemen, I think its time we moved on. Not sure what any alleged tax avoidance has got to do with model flying.

Me, I'm more interested in the products available, their price, back up spares availability and customer service. If HK ticks all those boxes then I for one will use them (head back down below the parapet).

Maverick you are making an assumption on duty due based solely on the retail prices listed on the HK website.

Import duty is applied to the value declared when it arrives - which in the case of the UK warehouse would be on the wholesale price.

Now if HK wishes to absorb the extra VAT (which is calculated on the profit margin) then they are entitled to do so. So long as HMRC get the extra pence due because of the retail mark-up, then there is no problem as the main amount of VAT has already BEEN paid.

Additionally, have you actually seen a HK UK invoice to know whether the information is on it or not?

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 14/07/2012 12:08:22