Aileron & rudder mix....What is a good starting point?

Phil May

Hi guys,

I wish to try my Mini Panic with a little rudder mixed into the aileron control,

can anyone give me an idea of what is a good starting point of rudder percentage.

It has a tendency to drag it's tail through the corners, I have added about 30% aileron differential which improved things a little, but would like to try and get it a little better.

Thanks all

Phil

Advert

phil-best idea is to try up a height....using the sticks .... i would have thought that the panic would need Very little rudder input....do it up high and make a mental note how much input you've used...and then program it in on the ground and back up to give it a go.....

ken anderson ne...1....rudder mix dept.

I use 20-30% but it is always on the mix switch on my DX8, standardised for all my models, so I can switch it on or off at will (ie when I'm feeling lazy........smile).

I don't use it for take-off or landing or when I'm doing any rolling manoeuvres, as Rusty mentions above.

The other advantage of having it switched is that you can check it out with plenty of height.........

Pete

the panic is a bank and yank machine, the rudder is HUGE, its there for one thing, stunt flying, cant see even a mini panic being kind to you if you input rudder in a turn with the ailerons, but as for how much, i NEVER use it on a mix, preffering to judge how much with me fingers, if you do use a mix, make sure its switchable, you may need to lose it in a hurry

I only use it on my large tiger moth (cos I'm lazy) when pootling around have a nice gentle evening fly. If I'm doing aeros then I switch it out. I think I only have about 10% rudder mixed in with the ailerons. Just enough to stop it draging it's tail around the corners. Don't think I'd bother with it on my mini panic.

Andy