Hobby King models thread

Probably.

A swift, low cost, international organisation which genereally responds to customer queries reasonably quicly with local sales and warranty teams to deal with regional legal and market variations. This is truely the way I see retail in general heading.

Back to the models!

I see HK UK have the EasyFly in stock, a great little (well 1.8m) model, I still have mine upstairs although now in need of some drastic repairs. Mine owes nothing and has performed flawlessly over the time I've had it. I've crashed, bumped and bent it more times than I remember and she has kept going with only minor repairs. in fact I plan to turn her into a pure glider for slope use.

However, having had a stir of the sticks on Daves Pheonix 2000 this weekend (Ieven though he flies M2, and I'm M1) I'd actually recommend that over the Easy Fly. As we both said, it is almost like the Easy Fly was the first edition, and the Pheonix is the 4th... And for less money too...

Olly

Advert

Posted by Erfolg on 08/08/2012 19:51:59:

I logged onto the UK site so I thought.

I wanted to buy film covering, then I realised there is none in the UK it is all located at the "international" warehouse. Of course the mail cost from there would be $17, in itself not worth while, never mind the additional taxes.

I did however buy some screws and nuts M2 for a £5. Pathetic really.

It looks like more post options have been added for small items. dont know if it works as I have nothing in my cart. I clicked on the postage table

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a Durafly T28 Trojan from HK. Ordered it on Monday night, it arrived today - pretty good. I ordered a spare prop while I was at it and the lot came to about £110 delivered. I've spent about an hour looking at all the parts and testing all of the electrics - everything seems to work ok.

The quality of everything looks very good, and the value for money seems excellent. OK, it's not a large model (43" span) but it's fitted with 7 servos, electric retracts (noseleg has doors), an 850kV motor and 35A esc. When I started RC flying servos were £15 each - incredible!

I'll file a flying report when it's happened.

Edge,

Thre's only one way to decide .....Fight!!!

However, rather than trying to pick one get all three!!!teeth 2

You could put two aside for Xmas and birthday presies to yourself! Ummm, now thats a good idea.......

Trevor, a mate of mine was looking at the T28 but tales of fragile nose gear put him off. Would be interested to know how your's stands up to a few landings.

Tony

Do you have an unusually high and large collar perchance??!!

Actually it is my birthday next week so I am devising a strategy so that I can buy myself one of the above without guilt. face 4 Strangely, the T28 does nothing for me (and there are plenty of models of these around), but the impending HK Sea Vixen is a must have.........

Dave

Well, finally decided to buy a Vampire from HK and.......ordered a Stinger. Reason? I realised I would have to get more 4s batteries for the Vampire right now, whereas I have shedloads of 3s lipos. Also the Stinger seems such a good flier that I should be able to have some fun with it without worrying about it too much (I do prefer scalish stuff really).

Happy Birthday me! gift

Edge, the Stinger benefits from having the fan balanced and if only short bursts of throttle are used, it'll handle a 4s 1800mAh - 2200mAh LiPo. Mines holding up well so far on 4s. Anyway a Radjet 420 is on it's way to keep my trusty old Funjet company.

Edited By Bill_B on 26/08/2012 15:13:08

Like many others I bought an EDF Vampire from the UK warehouse. Had 8 good flights over a couple of weeks. Connecting the battery for flight 9 resulted in a bang and a cloud of grey smoke as the ESC burnt out. Only evidence now is a smell of burnt electronic components which HK have asked me to video!!!

I read somewhere on this forum that HK UK are promising a first rate warranty service. I'm going to hold them to that!

Graeme

Edited By graeme jones on 27/08/2012 14:25:12

HK Bixler so called PNP arrived today, unfortunately the fuselage was still in 2 halves, seems more like 'kit' to me but there's no glue and all the stickers are ready applied. I would have incuded a photo but that function has been disabled on this thread. I'm not expecting any response from HK on this although I have gone through the motions of making them aware of the problem and sending photo's , etc. Once I have glued it all together I shall give a review on another thread.

Thank you Garbo, yes that is how it arrived, but the fuselage is still in 2 halves. Just as well really as the motor cabling is not long enough to reach the battery bay and I'll have to plug in the ESC before I glue them together. You got the same issues?

Bixler PNP

Thanks for that tip. Just to mention, there is a recess for a 3mm carbon rod on the keel but none in the box. I have one spare though so I'll glue that in as well as making up 3 x 6" x 1.5mm electrical cable extensions for the motor. Oh the joys! Really, I don't care that this is a gash job from HK as I know in the end it's me that put it together and I care about it, so it'll be a good job.