Wot 4 Foam E

Tony Read

I'm teaching a mate of mine to fly and following a crash of his ST Disco he went to his LMS today a bought a Wot 4 Foam E.

He's done the basic assembly and brought it round for fine tuning. There are a couple of problems. One is the tail wheel alignment. Its way out of wack. As there is no adjustment it seems like I've got to bend it round, being sure not to damage the bottom of the rudder.

More serious is that one of the ailerons is not centred by a long way. Even the full amount of sub-trim on the DX6 will not centre it. Don't like to do this anyway as I feel they should be centred mechanically first and then fine tuned if necessary on the TX.

As I see it the only option to fix the problem properly is to take the plastic servo cover off. This looks well glued on though. There is also a prominent ding on the leading edge of the wing.

I've told him to take the wing back to the LMS as it is not right. However if it was mine I would probably fix it, but what would you do?

Advert

• 4 years later...

I have just had my first proper crash since returning to the hobby after a very long hiatus. My Wot 4 foam, latest version, 3 weeks old, shed its wing at the bottom of an adequate loop. Wing ok, fun in 3 bits BUT on close examination, the experienced crew at my club discovered that the dowels at the front of the wing could scarcely have been engaged in their holes, apparently due to a manufacturing fault. As this is a contractual issue with the retailer I will be taking it up but I wondered, firstly has anyone out there had a similar problem, and secondly if you've bout one recently, check the seating before flying.