Electric Acro Wot - balsa replacement

Simon B

After having a crash with my Acrowot foam-e (it's fixable) i'm now thinking what to get when it's irrepairable. I want something balsa, as Foam just isn't as resilient (it's been ages since I've had a foamie and i'm remembering why) and I know this won't last.

I LOVE the flying characteristics, but don't want to go to the larger Acrowot, as I like the compact size. I'm after something that runs on a 3S pack ideally too, although low capacity 4S would be ok. Ideally want to run it on a 300 - 400w motor.

Any suggestions for an alternative? I DON'T WANT A WOT 4 OR ANYTHING GLOW! Thought i'd throw that in before someone inevitably suggests it wink

Advert

Hi,

Have you thought about the Max-Thrust RIOT. It may be a Foanie but it is certainly different from any foamie that I have had before and it is a great model. Very quick to put together and is great fun. Far, far better than a Wot4 Foamie. So far I have hadin excess of 40 flights and it is unmarked and has never missed a beat.

Right, i've gone for a Hobbyking Zlin. I don't particularly want to go down the HK route, but while they won't make a balsa electric Acrowot this is the next best thing, especially seeing as the AW is basically a Zlin with mods. It's also 1.2m (approx), so similar to the AW foam-e, which means it'll fit in the car without being dismantled