Pick a plane 2008!

Advert

• Black DH Comet 4 - Cold war type used before the Nimrod.  Fascinating window on the first Russian space flights.
  • Boulton Paul Defiant - WWII type with a Merlin and made like an Aston Martin with a gun turret. Imagine popping a Me109 from a fighter with a revolving turret.
  • Fairey Delta 2 - The World speed record holding jet.  One of the best that the RAF almost had. Copied by the French who made it a commercial success.
  • Avro Shackleton - A development of the Lancaster and Lincoln that stayed in service with the RAF into the early 1990's.

We have a superb aviation heritage.  I am celebrating it with 4 tasty choices.  Some will never make it anyway but probably should.

1. Hurricane
  2. Mosquito bomber
  3. P-40

Keep the size around the same size as the other designs for the Typhoon and 63" Spitfire. It's a nice practical size to build, store and transport. Clearly any design should also be based on an IC (i.e. proper) engine as anything electric is just a toy.

However - if the masses dictate that electric needs to be considered it would be great to have suggestions on how to modify the design to cater for either option.

It's tragic that most of Tony Nijhuis' twin engine designs have a "IC not recommended" caveat attached. Nothing short of tragic...

Just had the update email from the webmaster saying the hurricane is out in front.

We are boring bunch always picking the same types of mdels - come on everyone. Be different  - if you have to back a warbird (whcih I think is predcitable aswell) then back something that isn't a battle of britain (yawn)