Pick a plane 2008!

Her are my suggestions

1. Heinkel 219 uhu
  2. Gee bee R1/2 or Z
  3. Martin Baker MB5

I think that an electric twin using approx. 150W motors would be extremely viable today. A AVRO Mancheser could be a viable conversion from a Lancaster plan.

Something along the lines of a Gee Bee or any of that period racers would be a little different from the run of the mill.

I would like to see a British aircraft modelled other than the miriod of Spitfires and Hurricanes that have been modelled over the years (fine planes though they are). A BF109 would at least be a change.

As many will have guessed I am only interested in electric, as convienance and noise restrictions have confined my IC engines to the garage for many years.

Not to large either, 36" to 60" is my optimum (not to large an investment in time, materials, space etc.).  

Regards

Erfolg 

Dave,

My suggestions would be:

Hawker Hurricane  - They seem to still be the neglected cousins to the far too numerous Spits, Mustangs, P-47s etc. (although this also seems to be a the top of the list for the next Hanger 9/Eflite model)

Scottish Aviation Bulldog - A good solid everyday hack

Grob motorglider - any type - a good hack with good glide ratio, hence duration (potential suitable for electric)

Chris

I'm surprised that the following aircraft are so rarely modelled

1 - Avro Tutor

2- Klemm 35

3- Canberra

There are gorgeous examples of the Avro and the Klemm in the Shuttleworth collection, and the earliest version of the Canberra (as at Duxford) is quite beautiful.  I am open minded as to the power source but obviously twin EDF for the Canberra - although possibly quite difficult to keep the engines small enough to maintain scale.   

How about:

1. Tiger Moth - Electric.  Yeah, I know, often modelled but I can't remember one as a free plan.

2. Pitts S2A - Electric

3. Slingsby T31 or Capstan.

What I would like to see is it presented at a good size, even if it meant going over two issues or in the annual Special.  We get loads of '400' size plans but rarely anything bigger.