Pick a plane 2008!

David

If you are guided by requests, we are almost certainly going to have just another Hurricane, its been done for:

• Profile cl
  • plastic cl
  • RC (Mick Reeves)
  • Free flight
  • Electric
  • One s that I do not remember or know about

A truly wonderful plane, but well modelled. I even have the odd plan myself.

How about something a little different.

Maybe break the area into

• civilian sport
  • transport
  • war planes bomber/transport
  • war plane fighter/ground attack

Of course their is propeller, rocket and jet. Naaah there are just to many for this approach.

Erfolg

Hi all

It would be great if we could have something from that great time in avaiation  between WW1 and WW2.

My preference would be for a 4 stroke I.C model but how about something with a choice of power IE electric or I.C? 

My list would be

1) 1931 Desoutter 1

2) 1939 Tipsy Trainer

3) 1939 Miles Magister

All of these would be flyable by experienced and less experienced pilots  

Clive

My list of three:

Lockheed Neptune (For IC but so that you can EDF Jet engines for extra thrust)

Fairchild C-119 Packet (A twin boom twin engine cargo aircraft -The AC-119K Gunship was also jet boosted)

And something Civillian. Maybye a Lancair, as they are fantastic looking aircraft.

I would like to see the following,

V1 Flying Bomb (Doodlebug) for last years plane to chase around just as the Typhoon used to. It would have to be glow and to the same scale as the Typhoon.

A F4 phantom I think has an interesting history and would make a great semi-scale glow prop jet.

I have never come across a Short Sunder plan and i think that it would make a great semi-scale/ scale project. Insted of having four engines the two outer could just be static. I would prefer glow but electric would be fine.

As far as size goes between one and two metres would be best.

Having gone from high wing trainer to low wing fighter I would like to go for the next step.......A twin. My choices would be

1. Messerschmitt 110.  2x 25s or 30 fs. Reason, Its hard to find a good plan or decent kit for this undermodelled plane.

2. Mosquito  2x25s or 30 fs. Reason, Its a fantastic looking aircraft steeped in history that would look great down at the club.

3 Mitsubishi Zero  OK I know its not a twin but its a great looking aircraft and be honest when was the last time you saw one down at the club? Very undermodelled.

Hey Tony, even if you don't build a 110 could you still do the plan for one please. I'll build it for you.    Al

Well I woul love to see this

1/ Hercules C-130 Now that would be somthing.

2/ Hawker Hurricane, Dont think this is built enough

3/ De Havilland  Hornet, I've got to build one soon as I want it.

David I think doing a shortlist would be a great idear and hope you do it so we all get a chance to vote again