Who is from oldham/rochdale

Paul Travis

Advert

You should pay us a visit, ive been to oldhams behind the park in the woods site, not impressed, but your chairman seems to think its the bees knees, considering the field oldham used to have, its not good, so much for the promises of councillors!!!!!! i hope oldham gets a good deal someday, i dont know what the clubs membership is now, but i bet its a long way from 120 when i was chairman!!!

Well hello again Alan - please directly point us all to the exact quote where I refer to our field as bees knees which it clearly is not for the reason you indirectly point out - trees? Nevertheless we remain a very friendly happy bunch of flyers as Paul already knows when he's been flying his warbirds there.

Thank you any way for your kind wishes on returning to Beale Valley where work has commenced on our new flying patch by the construction company who are redeveloping the site; of course you will no doubt probably want to come and look see at some point? Temporarily we may also be flying from a site near Pilsworth as your bury Metro Chairman is already aware - we await final preparation there.

To answer your question our membership is circa 30 flying from two sites and as for coming down do let me know in advance!

I get the feeling that you feel you could pass on some tips as a former chairman so do please let us all know here in the forum - no doubt you are a font of vast knowledge or so I hear from those that remember you before you left.....

By the way I hear you were checking up on me with Peter our secretary - if you want to know me better please pm me...

All the best

Jon

bEB there are no ruffled feathers - Alan and I are having a fruitful friendly private chat on maidening a YT Spit. Are you misinterpreting something? Alan has also started another interesting thread on the role / requirements of club chairmen......

not sure where you are coming from here all the playing is nice and playful?

Posted by Jon Laughton on 15/09/2012 21:58:00:

bEB there are no ruffled feathers - Alan and I are having a fruitful friendly private chat on maidening a YT Spit. Are you misinterpreting something? Alan has also started another interesting thread on the role / requirements of club chairmen......

not sure where you are coming from here all the playing is nice and playful?

Let's just say its an equally friendly reminder from the management wink 2

BEB