Fradley Scale Day September 16th 2012

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 16/09/2012 20:04:51:

CONCORDE!smileysmileysmiley

What are the specs on that? Is it EDF, does it have retracts, wingspan? Is it balsa?

Looks like you had a nice day!

CS

CS. Have to admit that we did wonder just how long it would take you to respond to the Concorde pics!

Danny, great pics and a great day out!

Many thanks to the Fradley lads and lasses who worked so hard to make the day run so smoothly.

timwink 2

Great pics! Guess my 4 favourites...

What size is that Concorde? Is it balsa? How 'scale' were it's flight characteristics?

Is it me or are all those planes electric? Still looked like fun though!

CS

PS. Commentary on those 3 Concorde pics below the Lancaster...

'Speedbird Concorde 1, Speedbird Concorde 1, cleared for take off?'

'Three, Two, One, Now! Airspeed building, 100 Knots, Power checked, V1...

'Rotate... V2... 240 Knots, Positive climb... gear up... 4 greens... Three two one noise'

The last one- 'Lets put on a show!'

Sorry got a bit carried away there...crook

er....according to his mate Jim its 18 foot long wink 2

CS its made from foam, retracts nose droop etc all work. originally built by Jim Harrison for twin IC but Tony Murphy has it running electric. Last time I saw this model it was I thought destroyed when it flew into a chain link fence at Ashbourne. Tony is not one to see a model get scrapped so easily. interesting that you should notice nearly all the models were electric.......

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Danny Fenton on 16/09/2012 21:54:29:

er....according to his mate Jim its 18 foot long wink 2

CS its made from foam, retracts nose droop etc all work. originally built by Jim Harrison for twin IC but Tony Murphy has it running electric. Last time I saw this model it was I thought destroyed when it flew into a chain link fence at Ashbourne. Tony is not one to see a model get scrapped so easily. interesting that you should notice nearly all the models were electric.......

Cheers

Danny

Yeah, I always look to see some exhausts! Stunning Concorde model!

I had a great two flights here, windy but the Funfly was brilliant, MDS was perfect (and quiet) and I had great fun chucking it about! Did the 'Wot stop' (point into wind, lower throttle and with a Wot 4 you can go backwards, I managed to stop the Funfly) and had a great time! Somehow I was back within an hour, despite having 30 minutes of air time!smiley

I seemed to have invaded the thread with Concorde... sorry!blush Any more Concorde info, just put it on this thread or PM me (and watch those two videos on that thread, they are wonderful!)

CS (Won't be posting in the week like last week, see ya!)