WMMFC Fun Fly

Just a reminder that our WMMFC fun fly is this Saturday 29th September 2012. All are welcome both members and none members.

There are fun and games planned intermittently with 'free for all' flying all day. Games include balloon bursting, limbo etc... See poster above for details. Wine for the winner.

If you have a friend who is a member of another club or know someone who is looking to take up the hobby bring them a long for a fly, a chat and some fun.

Bring a model which if you crash, you're not going to be too upset about!!! Not you best BMFA Nationals scale entry! However, between the fun fly events you are welcome to fly anything you like in accordance with club rules.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

We are monitoring the weather but at the moment flying is still ok for Saturday.

West Midlands Model Flying Club
(Near Weston Park)

Fun Fly Day

Saturday 29th September 2012

All Welcome (members and none members)

Come and show off your flying skills! Balloon bursting, limbo, precise landing on the spot. Can you do all these and have a bit of fun doing it?

Cost – absolutely £££nothing!

Approximate flying schedule

Time

Description

1000hrs

Free for all!

1045hrs

Limbo – test your flying skills ever closer to terra firma!

1130hrs

Free for all!

1215hrs

Precise Landing Test – can you land on the X?

1300hrs

Lunch – Soup and Samosas

And Free for all!

1345hrs

Fastest time to perform;

• a take off
  • two rolls
  • two loops and
  • land

Time starts when aircraft starts rolling and stops when aircraft has stopped.

1430hrs

Balloon Bursting – If your aircraft is still intact have a go at balloon bursting!

1515hrs

Free for all – fly till you run out of juice or till 8pm which ever comes first!

Advert

I would just like to say a big thank you to the WMMFC for their friendly welcome and hospitality at today’s fun fly, the soup, sausage rolls and doughnuts went down a treat.

There was a high level of flying skills displayed in less than perfect flying conditions, you guys made it look easy.

It’s a pity I couldn’t have stayed longer but the time I spent with you was very enjoyable. Thanks again.

Nev.

Thanks Nev, good to see you, Andy Green and few other familiar faces at our low key event.

Considering the weather we have had this past week I think we were very lucky to get dry and sunny weather today. If it wasn't for the high winds we would have all been in T-Shirts. The gusts certainly made for some very interesting and challenging flying.

I did take the camera with me but I'm sorry to say that I didn't take any pictures. I was having such a great time flying that I totally forgot. Hopefully somebody else will be able to post something?

We are a small'ish club with very good facilities, a relaxed culture and although the event is no big showstopper, today has helped to raise the club profile and sign up a few new members (a big result in my book).

I think we had about 40 people attend and about 15 different people flying many different types of models, large and small.

In summary, a fantastic day's flying, many laughs and hopefully next year we will have more settled weather where we can plan something a bit more in advance.

Thanks everyone!

Edited By Allan Bowker on 29/09/2012 19:57:07

• 8 months later...

Just had word back from the club secretary...

"We are planning on holding a Fun Fly in September 2013, however, also trying to second guess the weather and avoid other shows/events".

I will keep you posted here as soon as the club sets a date.
Thanks for your interest everyone!

• 3 months later...