Great Planes Revolver chat

Advert

• 9 months later...

Phil / David

In the smaller version I have an OS 55 installed and it comes in like a train. I have messed around with the C of G to try and slow things down on landings - the r/x battery started off behind the elevator and rudder servos to get the c of g on the mark but I have now moved it to a position under the spar tube as I strengthened the back end when an arrival that was too fast led to some minor damage and the need to fit a new tail wheel.

I sent an enquiry to Great Planes asking them for a view on the fact the the C of G could be moved backwards by 8mm from the rear limit they set as I had picked this up in another forum. They responded by saying that if the landings were too fast I should use more throttle on finals!!!!!!

Having said all that when I flew the model last week in very mild conditions I greasedv a landing so perhaps it was me after all and i just need to take more care....

Its still a great model and I if I hadnt had a spare OS 55 lying around from an old Acrowot I would have bought the 60-90 version...

Jon

Great Planes Revolver 50

Edited By Jon Laughton on 24/07/2013 08:34:51

Edited By Jon Laughton on 24/07/2013 08:35:10

I took the revolver out again with much better results.

I had a little wind to land into that helped but mostly it was because I had reduced the idle speed of the motor. because I have a large 15*8 prop even a few exra rpm at the low end made.a big difference to this model.

Now I am closer to having it set up properly it is a smooth flying model.

Edited By Phil 9 on 25/07/2013 14:18:57

Tis usually the case with Great Planes Ian, Distributor Ripmax don't carry spares. It's down to me as I wanted a new cowl to cut for my electric version (not that there's much to cut). Ordered from Tower Hobbies and it came in about 3 weeks.

Phil, it's certainly a model that doesn't hang about, especially in calm weather! Glad it's getting better.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/07/2013 16:17:33

No, you're right Jon, I just meant the need for the item was driven be me that's all. No, as you say, they should stock spares, not sure they ever have when it comes to GP though. Anyway, perhaps Hobbico's European expansion plans will change things at some point soon.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/07/2013 19:01:16

• 1 year later...

I was out flying mine this morning laugh I love flying it.

I sorted out the fast landing a while ago. It turned out to be a problem with my engine. The idle was too fast so even at zero throttle there was still enough power from the prop to pull the model forward in the air. after a retune and some run in time I can now get a nice low tick over speed

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...