Clean Sweep 60

Tim Hooper

Advert

Come on ,Stephen - you're getting left behind! wink 2

Chris, that's great news! Your CS looks brilliant in green and yellow. I don't think orientation will be any problem at all! I can't comment on your battery position/ ballast issues; all models are different, and it could be a combination of things (wood density, etc), and as long as it flies smoothly, then you can't be far out with the CG at all.

My own, much flown, CS60 had another two flights today, and performed as well as ever. It was pretty breezy here in Shropshire, and the CS is one of my 'windy day' models. Knife edge, spins, stall turns, inverted passes are all in its repertoire.

tim

Thanks Tim

I had the plane out again today for a couple more flights. I had removed the shim under tail and messed with the CG quite a bit, for a range of maybe 3"! The plane is very insensitive to small CG changes and the stall is very gentle...it just mushes forward. Which is a testament to that very odd looking wing.

I do want to rework my tail hinges, I'm thinking maybe pin-type hinges. The tape for me is just not gonna be a long term thing. I think this is due to the way I ran my linkage up through the tail center-line to just in front of the hinge line rather than underneath the way you did. My linkage pushes directly up or down at the hinge line. I'll get it sorted, I'm inspired now so I'll make it right.

I can see why it's one of your windy day planes Tim. It was somewhat breezy here today as well and the plane hardly noticed it.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...