how long to wait for hobby king orders

Advert

Assuming you did buy them from the UK warehouse (I've made that error before!) they should have arrived by now. I'm not sure how it could take 8 days to deliver a parcel within the UK- even the cheapest courier companies don't take anything like that long. And six quid for postage for 3 4 cell batteries isn't cheap so you'ld expect a reasonably quick delivery. It might be worth contacting them and asking them what service they use for delivery (e.g. courier or royal mail). Then you could contact the delivery company / royal snail and see if they "meant" to leave a "sorry you were out" form.

Shaun, are you sure you ordered from the UK - I have just looked on the Hobby King website and receiver packsare only stocked in the Euro and Hong Kong warehouses. If that is the case you should be receiving them soon. My orders from the Hong Kong warehouse recently have been taking 2 to 3 weeks.

Regards

JM

You're lucky mate, I've been waiting since 19th Sept for an back order that's still not in stock! However I realised there would be a wait and I'm not desperate and it will be a nice unexpected surprise when it arrives and I can no longer remember why I ordered it in the first place.face 22

The couple of orders I've done at the HK UK warehouse have both arrived in a couple of days. Orders from DE have taken up to a week and from HK up to 3 weeks, although 1 came after just 5 days (ordered Thursday, dispatched Friday, arrived the following Tuesday).

How do they stay in business? They "pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap"!

Like any business, mistakes will always generate complaints, good service will only rarely be praised. I wonder how HK's percentage error/fault rate compares with that of, say, Ripmax?

Graeme

Over the years I have used HK and it normally takes 2/3 weeks from HK. Unfortunately they delivered once in 5 days and I was unavailable to take delivery and PO returned to HK. After a few emails with HK parcel was reposted with no problems.

Deliveries from HK,UK are within 2/3 days and my only criticism is they use Parcelforce whose track and trace is absoluely useless and do not expect a sensible reply if you complain as they do not understand english.

Recently purchased two models from HK UK and cannot fault the material or build quality, how they do it amazes me.

Graeme - there have been problems with the HK website (it went completely down and so did their forum just a few minutes ago)

Delivery times - that's in the hands of the various shipping companies but bear in mind that there are problems in shipping lipos (not all companies will accept those). It also seems that a lot of international shipments from the Far East ship through Germany (probably Frankfurt) and there are huge delays there. I had occasion to contact Swiss Post when a package I was expecting vanished from their tracking (it was a computer glitch at their end) but they told me this in their reply "Your shipment RU#########CH has been forwarded to our transit country Germany and will then be forwarded to Great Britain."

Frankfurt customs seem to be taking it on themselves to decide what can and what can't ship. A HK customer in Slovakia had them stop a package for him because it contained lipos - now why the German customs are deciding what can or can't be imported into another country is a mystery to me

On a side note - I can't log into the main 'home' page here either, but can log into the forum

pps - it also keeps logging me out when I try to edit the post

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 24/10/2012 12:33:44

I've had some correspondence recently with a couple of their complaints team - both with "English" names and (more to the point) appear to be fully fluent with no "Chinglishisms".

I do admit to being a little disappointed on the two occasions that I've used the UK warehouse that stock items from the warehouse have taken almost 2 working days to dispatch (ordered before 10 AM on day one and dispatched late on day 2) but at least the PO delivered within timescales.

I have now had a few orders from HK using UK and a Hong Kong.All i can say in my experience is great service.The HK orders came within 16 days and the UK order in 3 days. I have just ordered last night from the UK warehouse and already have the tracking number showing on parcelforce website.
It seems we only hear the bad stories and forget all the happy customers HK surely have.
Also all the items i have received have all been great quality and value.