Futaba T14SG chat

Simon Chambers

Advert

Posted by Justin K on 11/11/2013 17:46:21:

Its all starting to sound a bit over complicated surprise I really don't want to go to spectrum radio ...

Futaba should take a leaf out of the Multiplex launcher program which is really easy to use to update/programme any of their transmitters, receivers, and other electronic accessories.

But getting back to Barries problem it maybe that he needs to delete the recent files including the downloaded zip file and start over again.

Firstly, thanks to those members who have posted suggestions to my problem.

The problem is that although the update.exe file appears on my Zip program and shows the list of files contained within the download, when I try to send the update.exe to the computer I cannot open it (on the computer). I get the error messages as mentioned in my earlier posts above. I have deleted all references to the download in question and re-downloaded the files (twice) but I still get the same problem. I must be something that I'm not doing correctly but I'm not sure what it is.

Good afternoon Frank, I'm using Win.7 on a year old laptop. I cannot unzip the update.exe files because when I try I'm informed that there was a download error. I've not had this problem before, I've tried to download the update on another computer but it will not download to that one at all.

I think that I'd better find someone locally who has installed the V.3 files as it's difficult for people to visualise the problem via correspondence.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice. Your interest is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I want to purchase the Futaba T14SG MODE 2. I will use it for planes only. Can anyone tell me if the system is supplied in the UK with the ratchet installed on the throttle control as normal, or should I order a model specific to planes and not helicopters. Is there any way to identify which configuration may be in the box. I did hear that only one configuration is supplied to the EU, while in the states both are. Anyway, can anyone help?

Regards, John

John, I had one delivered from Inwoods today. Ratchet throttle on the left and at a very good price.

http://www.inwoodmodels.com/index.php?id_product=5316&controller=product

First impressions , it looks a superb piece of kit.

Edited By Justin K on 17/12/2013 21:38:31

Justin, thanks for the reply which is much appreciated. It's Inwood Models I was looking at to buy from too so it good to hear that not only is the ratchet in place but you are happy with them. Many thanks for your help. I have purchased a copy of the ebook 'Futaba 14SG - Programming for Fixed Wing Aircraft' and have been sat reading it all day. Looking forward now to getting the system and doing some work with it. Once again thanks for your reply and help.

Regards, John

Yes Barrie I'm certainly impressed so far. I've ordered a new SD card today and will download the Ebook also. The elv's have taken my new TX away now for wrapping so I won't get chance for another dabble until the 25th but I'm looking forward to a glass of Scotland's finest and a good read of the Ebook in the evening . That's if I'm still awake after 25 laps of the park chasing junior on his new bike!!

Well I managed to get both the version 3 and speech updates uploaded onto my 14SG and have downloaded the excellent ebook info my wife's kindle.

I've linked 2 of my fleet and will do the rest during the week.

One question, Will my model memories automatically be saved to the SD card ?

Hi

I have recently purchased a R2006GS S-FHSS receiver which I am unable to bind with my T14 SG Tx! The FASST receivers are ok and I only wished to try the FHSS receiver for use in a park type flyer. According to the manual the receiver type is compatible with the Tx But it will not link. I Have depressed the link button on the receiver and held it down for 5 to 10 secs. but the red light continues to blink. Am I missing something?