Aeromodelling - The sport of Kings

Simon Webb

All,

I have been posting messages, and I didn't spot this introduction thread surprise

I think an introduction is overdue, so apologies to everybody.

I am Simon and I have been Aeromodelling for 15 years. My Dad is also an aeromodeller and lives in Pembrokeshire. I am up here in North Wales, and I am an active member of the Delyn Model Flying Club in Caerwys. You might have heard of Alex Whittaker?! and crash Parry? They are clubmates.

I have a workshop here at home where I do all of my building, and my favourite types of models are the classic 40 size sports designs. Peter Miller is one of my fav designers and I have a list of his designs to build soon.

In additon to this, I also do plastic aviation modelling. I just can't get enough of model aircraft laugh

I am also a subscriber of RCM&E yes

Anyway that's me! Nice to meet everybody wink 2

Advert

Hi Olly! .........Yes I would love to join you yes I fly up at Moel Famau with Clwyd Slope Soaring Association when there is a decent westerly , in fact....... I was there on Saturday with my Middle Phase smile p a couple of decent flights 45 minutes long each...brilliant smile

Nice to meet you!

Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 06/11/2012 00:16:00:

G'day Simon, nice models.

What about "Wrexham" club?? hehehehe, good name for a model flying club.

Ey ? Its the Wrexham Model Aeroplane club, but id have thought that bit was obvious so I omitted it for simplicity

And whats the difference between me saying that and BEB saying he was in the Wirral club ?  wink

Edited By Codename-John on 06/11/2012 00:29:10

(Inspired by BBC's comment, I think I can just about get away with this on the forum)

Yesterday morning, little Johnny's teacher asked the class if they'd had any fireworks over the weekend, The nice little girl at the front of the class said that her mother had given them sparklers and her father had let off some pretty coloured fireworks. A little boy said that he'd really enjoyed watching rockets and catherine wheels and another had enjoyed some that screeched and banged safely up in the air and the rest of the class had similar tales to tell.

Eventually, and with some trepidation, she got round to the back of the class and reluctantly asked little Johnny the same question.

Little Johnny said, "Miss, me and my mates had the best weekend ever - we got bangers and stuffed them up chicken's ars..."

Cutting him off in mid flow she quickly corrected him and said, "Johnny, really!...you mean rectum".

"Rectum Miss?", said Johnny, "Rectum? - We blew them to bloomin' bits!"

Edited By Martin Harris on 06/11/2012 01:13:56

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 06/11/2012 00:16:04:

I've flown at Delyn a couple of times Simon. Scale days and fun flys etc. I'll be sure to look you up next time I'm there and let you know when we have an event on. smile

BEB

Please do that BEB! I would love to fly at other clubs, so Wrexham and Wirral are on my list for next year!! thumbs up