Club Membership PC Program

Craig Carr

Having taken on the Club Treasurer role at Blyth I currently use this program.

It certainly has all the features you need to make life nice and simple for club Treasuers, Administrators, etc.

The Pièce de résistance though is no more time spent sticking those infernal BMFA stickers on the back of the submission forms. (bit tiresome with a club in excess of 100 members)crook

Nice one Max thumbs up

Craig

Advert

I'll take a look at that Craig. I'm a club treasurer too, which also involves dealing with all membership renewals. Though we have over 250 members, most have their BMFA membership through other clubs or as country members, so I "only" have about 60 or so of those "infernal BMFA stickers" to stick! I guess though, even the stickers are better than writing it all out on the forms which presumably had to be done before somebody thought of the stickers!

Just emailed Max for a copy. I'm both treasurer and membership sec at my club. We only have 65 members but it still quite a time consuming job at this time of year. Also its a pain having to constantly keep track of the "ones and twos" that dribble in over the period Jan to May! If this program makes it easier to prepare BMFA returns for these and and generally know where I'm up to with them it will be a big help!

BEB

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Have tried after downloading the club membership pc programme from Max.

Having trouble getting it to work.

I have windows 7.

Can anyone explain how they proceeded with this in case i have made any mistakes.

Have e-mailed Max, he has been very helpfull.

But i am still not getting it to work.

Any help would good.

Regards..Ian

Hi ian,

I'm running Max's program with Windows 7 (32 bit) and it works just fine and I have just done the first BMFA block submission (abt 60 members to date)

I followed Max's installation instructions to the letter, placing all the files into the C:\RcClub directory and created a desktop shortcut to the RcClub.exe file to launch it.

Can you be a bit more specific than just 'having trouble getting it to work'?

Regards, Richard

Edited By Sparks on 17/01/2013 16:40:30

I think I now understand Ian's difficulties, and it's possibly happened to others. All files need to be in the folder RcClub, but some ways of extracting from Dropbox create a subfolder RcClubFiles and puts the files in that. This is wrong, there need be no such subfolder, move the files up a level if that's what's happened to you.

HTH

Max

Hello All,

Well i am ther eat last.

The problem was when downloading the zip file i had copied the contents over to RcClub.

This created a folder within a folder.

Max was very helpfull,it took awhile but i got there.

Now it,s getting the hang of how it all goes together.

Bye the way i am the Treasurer of PANDAS club West Yorkshire.

www,pandasaero.co.uk

Regards..Ian

Hello all,

I have entered all members details and all looking.

I have one issue and have been in contact with Max about this.

We have on our Excel spreadsheet a column for OAPs who pay less membership than seniors.

This when keyed in by one digit at the end of the row initiates the amount of mebership/ BMFA giving the total paid by their name ie mem £10+£32 BMFA=£42.

Cannot get this to work in members index where they are OAPs.

Pressing the set button gives me anything but what i want.

Anyone having the same issue and overcome it.

Regards..Ian

Hello Ian,

Currently there isn't an OAP category in the 'rates.txt' file (well not in the version I have)

As a workaround, you can just type £10 directly into the Club Rates box instead of using the 'Set' function.

Hope this helps, Richard

Ian, you posted the solution whilst I was typing mine!, So mods please feel free to delete my posting.

Cheers, Richard (???)

Edited By Sparks on 20/01/2013 14:12:30

Edited By Sparks on 20/01/2013 14:15:04

Edited By Sparks on 20/01/2013 14:16:32

Posted by ian ludwell on 20/01/2013 14:10:21:

Hello all,

The issue with OAP set button is now resolved.

In rates txt placed reduced payment amounts opposite "???".

It didn't work before but is now ok.

So now OAPs are known as ???.

Regards..Ian

Hello Ian,

If you amend the rates file or analysis code files you need to save and exit the program.. Then restart the program for changes to come into effect.

Could you not edit the rates file again and replace ??? For whatever text you wish to call your "more senior members". The program should then use that narrative.

Craig

At present (and from memory), the program only gets the rates from the rate file - not descriptions, and you can't add more. As I've said, they are only for faster input on "normal" members (few of those in our club, Craig). I'm pondering how to extend options without upsetting things elsewhere.

Max

hello Craig,

As Max has commented i have tried changing the description but this has no effect.

The description within the members index stays the same,it seems fixed and not changeable,

So using what is availabe was the option.

Seems to be ok.

Problem i have now is how to set up the accounts.

Any help there.

Regards ..Ian

Hello Craig,

I have set up an index for each club member with all their details including mebership fees and BMFA fees.

The total for both is shown down towards the bottom right.

What i need to do now is set up the account so as to place in details of bank acc,current and savings,cash in hand,income and expenditure.

I am not sure where or how to start,old age doesn't come alone you know.

only joking,

Ian

Hello Ian,

For one off payments, on the membership record if you click "raise payment record" a new screen appears with most fields pre-populated then just select wether it's for the bank account, petty cash or whatever.

This creates the accounting entry for the payment, which you view in the "accounts" pull down list and "view transactions".

Hope this helps,

Craig

OK, see my photo album for the screenshots. Thanks, Craig.
Start by entering the year opening balances. If you had £100 in petty cash, £200 in the current account and £300 in the savings account, the entry might look like cap1.
Now suppose you held subs night and took in £650 - £400 for the BMFA, £150 for club fees and £100 from a raffle. £123.45 was taken in cash, the remaining £526.55 in cheques paid into the current account. The entry might look like cap2.
Suppose there were costs associated - £100 for a buffet, £25.50 for raffle prizes. Let's suppose these were all paid from petty cash. Entry might look like cap3. Note figures are negative - you're paying out.
Having put these in, the "view transactions" screen would look like cap4. It shows you should have £97.95 in your petty cash tin, and £726.55 in the current account. The savings account is unaffected at £300.
Max