Welcome to UKCAA

Martyn K

I suggest that all of you might give a look at the website Seniorpattern.com

it has been in operation since about ten years ago with great success. Their interest is in flying older pattern aircraft using the of the time. They have lists of legal airplanes. American of course. They use current radios and engines with some limitations on engines. They have recently accepted electric motors as well. Sources are shown for kits and plans. I am a member and have enjoyed it a great deal.

not suggesting that you do it their way, but you may see some good ideas.

jamesf

NM, USA

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

First like to say I like your logo !

Yes your right (CPA) Classic PAttern Association-Is more relaxed than SPA - Rule #1 is Must Have Fun!

Really we are a relaxed group with simple rules as we follow the AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics rule book from the year of the pattern we are flying. That way we do not need to make up patterns. the airplanes are stock as no modifications to very little, but people are not changing airfoils etc. to get a edge. We can run pipes and retracts if wanted.

There is no date cut off - but rather the planes used in the day of NON-Turnaround. and IC and electrics are allowed as they where in the rule book.

We have around 70 members and in the USA & Canada.

One I figure out the photo posting i upload some pictures.

cheers,

Scott A.

Hi Andy

We already own the domain name ukcaa.org.uk but were nervous about using it because of the UK CAA potential confusion. I am really sure that is an issue any more - most people seem to have got used to it now.

Regarding hosting - we dont actually have any funds at the moment - which may be a bit of a showstopper. I was actually thinking of (temporarily) hosting it here on the end of my business broadband but I need to be careful that content is light as I dont want to hit me utilisation limit.

Regards

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 21/01/2013 16:59:13

Martyn

Just stumbled on this thread. Very interesting discussion. Does an original Gangster 75 with ST 90 and Hanno Pipe count? I'm still building the beast but bought the original kit from a contact last year. I've also got a Tauros kit (Taurus updated) and a Veco 45 which might need some TLC before it will run!

Peter