Model suitable for OS Radial

Advert

Listen you...if you keep making disparaging remarks about warbirds, I will alter the wiring on your glo unit and sit back and wait for the fireworks

I actually think that radial would look quite good on this Yak - might need to "beef up" the firewall though

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/yak.jpg

Or...hows about this ?

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/bike.jpg

or this.......

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/corsair.jpg

maybe this then ?

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/culp_s_special_-20.jpg

culp special...rather nice me thinks

Theres always a Stearman of course, and heres a link to model of one which might suit ?

/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif[/img]fficial%26hs%3DPbR%26sa%3DN] here

And it's sukhoi.

Quite like the look of the Yak, but doesn't look all that aerodynamic though!

I've been looking at a 2.5m Yak from this lot; www.composite-arf.com but I'm not too sure if the radial will be too heavy for it. I've asked their boffins and am just waiting for a reply. The bi-plane does indeed look nice but I'm stuck for storage space, if the wings could be detached then that may be a different matter. The problem is that although the radial is only 50cc total, it weighs in at over 2kg! Twice the weight of my one-lung petrol engine!

I think Eric Bray mentioned he saw big Al M flying a Corsair with a radial in it some time ago.

I couldn't get hold of the "O" scope yesterday as the only twin beam one we have was out on a job.

I think you would be disappointed with the OS redial in an aerobatic model, as you see, a heavy motor with not a lot of power. It will be much happier in an old `Golden Age' biplane needing lots of nose weight and not a lot of power. If you send the engine to me I will fit it to a suitable airframe and make sure it stays happy and clean...

Evan. 

Well I like the Camel, but also like the Stearman...I guess its down to finding ione which will handle the weight of the beast. I Know the Camel will, 'cos the nose is so short, most builders end up putting a couple of pounds of lead i it to get the cog. Hangar 9 even supply a big strong ballast box to fix on the firewall for the purpose !

Prolly the one I was thinking of, the yanks on their forum seem to think that this thing needs that sort of size motor just to get off the ground, and that it's underpowered if it won't accelerate vertically. Must be something to do with the air over there, smaller molecules or less of them, or somesutch.

Evan. 

1/4 Scale Sopwith Pup would be nice - Both the DB Models and Balsa USA kits are near scale and easy to build. If you want something better how about Mick Reeves 1/4 scale Pup, Camel, or 11/2 Strutter.

There are not many ARTFs that would be suitable but you may be able to squeeze the motor in here:- http://www.pegasusmodels.co.uk/detail.asp?main=Aircraft&sub1=ARTF+Scale&ID=990606