Covering techniques

I have been absent from the hobby for several years and have just built a Wot 4 to try and get my eye in again. I have always had trouble getting solarfilm to cover glassed wing joints, and read something recently that suggested covering the centre section in masking tape then covering with solarfilm, another suggested a coat of BalsaLoc would let the solarfilm stick. Anybody used these or other methods??

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,
recently saw a paint product on the net that I think was called Flying Aces Paint. Trouble is, I forgot to take note of where I saw it.

I'm looking to paint a large warbird in matt camouflage paints and don't fancy having to buy lots of tins of Humbrol. I think the Flying Aces stuff comes in bigger tins.

Can anyone tell me if this stuff is what I'm looking for and, if so, where can I get it?

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
Does any one have any tips for repairing wings where the veneer has separated from the foam?
I built a Newman Precision Loaded Dice 60 sport and was very pleased with the results, which made a very accurate model. I glassed the fuselage, which took a lot of patience, but looked great. Before I could cover the wings with film huge bubbles appeared under the veneer.I got fairly depressed about this and shelved the project, which has made the condition worse.I tried injecting white glue into the voids abd taping the veneer down, but a bubble would appear somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...