S-FHSS Compatible receivers

Martyn K

Ignoring the spoof demo on YouTube, is anyone aware of 'Orange' style S-FHSS (or even FHSS) compatible receivers coming to market? I appreciate that the originals aren't that expensive but I would have thought by now the Chinese would have produced something.

Regards

Martyn

Advert

Fair point Frank, but I have never seen the Chinese adopt that strategy before. I was expecting half price receivers by now - they certainly seem to make FASST compatible receivers without any problem

I was wondering whether Futaba are using a locked down protocol in the Frequency Hopping algorithm that makes it difficult to replicate effectively.

Martyn

Well I reckon that the S-FHSS system can actually do telemetry, but it's either hidden or not implemented!

Why?

1. The transmitter hardware supports it. It has an amplifier on the receive section, which will allow it to receive the returning telemetry signal at full range.
  2. On my T8J, under the TX battery voltage icon, there is a perfect amount of space to put another battery icon. Which would be an ideal place for the RX battery voltage...

When I get time, I want to start sending random, properly formatted data to the T8J and see if its possible to 'wake-up' a hidden telemetry feature. Chances are, there is nothing supported in the firmware. However as the hardware supports it, it could be disabled in the firmware for marketing reasons - i.e. only hi-end Futaba FASSTest transmitters are just having telemetry supported. As the firmware can't be reprogrammed by the user, on the SFHSS transmitters, it could have the telemetry function hidden for now...

Si.

• 1 year later...
Posted by Paul Marsh on 07/02/2013 20:35:35:

Inwoods sell the Ripmax S-FHSS rx's Only £20 each and full range. Not only that, it is from a reputable UK company.

I checked this out as I'm researching the cost of moving from FASST T6X to T6J and FHSS as I would prefer more than the 6 model memories provided on the T6X. Here is what I found 19 months after Paul's posting.

http://www.inwoodmodels.com/index.php?id_product=4878&controller=product

In trusting that this is the receiver referred to, I have to wonder whether it is popularity of the unit has driven up the price to the current £31.99

My search continues

Edited By len talaga on 23/09/2014 14:37:01

Cheers Paul. Much appreciate your help. I looked here http://www2.ripmax.net/Category_List.aspx?Category=060-030-060 and here at http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/sitemap.php

the page advertised on your pic but don't see it listed. Do you have it's part number?

many thanks

Edited By len talaga on 23/09/2014 22:06:39

One thing with those Ripmax rx's is they do not have a built in fail safe and you can not add a throttle failsafe either. [most clubs require at least a throttle fail safe] also some early Delta 8's would not bind with Futaba.You can guess how I know these things.

I've just been given a new, boxed E-sport Phoenix. It looks a nice flyer and goes together well. After binding the included s-FHSS radio I started a few checks. I secured the model on my bench and powered everything up. With all control surfaces deflected and the motor at about 50% power I carried out a fail-safe check by turning off the Tx. The controls stayed where they were left and the motor continued to run at 50%. So, no fail-safe. I've removed the supplied Rx and installed one of my trusty AR6010 Rx. Using my DX7s it now has a fail safe. If I had known about this I would have swapped the kit for a RFR version. Ho-Hum.

Posted by Simon Chambers on 08/02/2013 00:09:56:

Well I reckon that the S-FHSS system can actually do telemetry, but it's either hidden or not implemented!

Why?

1. The transmitter hardware supports it. It has an amplifier on the receive section, which will allow it to receive the returning telemetry signal at full range.
  2. On my T8J, under the TX battery voltage icon, there is a perfect amount of space to put another battery icon. Which would be an ideal place for the RX battery voltage...

When I get time, I want to start sending random, properly formatted data to the T8J and see if its possible to 'wake-up' a hidden telemetry feature. Chances are, there is nothing supported in the firmware. However as the hardware supports it, it could be disabled in the firmware for marketing reasons - i.e. only hi-end Futaba FASSTest transmitters are just having telemetry supported. As the firmware can't be reprogrammed by the user, on the SFHSS transmitters, it could have the telemetry function hidden for now...

Si.

Just noticed that Ripmax are now listing T-FHSS receivers which give telemetry with a 10J Tx.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

S-FHSS Compatible receivers with J6 transmmiter from Nine Eagle -Sky Climber (Futaba compatible)

I tried a few S-FHSS receivers and now I can say that we have found a perfect model compatible with J6 transmmiter .

For those interested, you can find here this receiver compatible FUTABA S-FHSS mode:

http://www.banggood.com/FrSky-S-FHSS-8CH-Delta-8-Receiver-For-Futaba-T6J-T8J-4PL-14SG-Transmitter-p-973946.html?p=1H16004042051201603P

the price is much lower than the original model Nine Eagle or Futaba
attention this receiver is not 3G

happy flights everybody