Throttle linkages

Shaunie

I'm just a couple of years back into flying after about 16 years off.

This is my question:-

Back in 35MHz days (in fact as far back as 27MHz) I was told that if an Rc carb had a metal linkage then a plastic clevis should always be used, as to go metal on metal would cause servo glitching. A fact I had already found out for myself.

I've been using 2.4GHz for a while now but always on electric power. I am now putting an RCV91 into a 68" Seagull Edge 540. Due to the rear mounted carb there is no space to put a plastic clevis on the linkage and the throttle arm on the carb is metal. With a Z bend on a metal snake will I experience glitching or is 2.4GHz immune?

If push-comes-to-shove I can always put a bridge wire around the metal on metal joint which will stop it but it would be nice to know if I need to bother.

Shaunie

Advert

I must admit that since switching to 2.4 I have been using metal on metal connections though I've not noticed any ill effects from it. My principal worry about it these days is the wear with a small diameter metal pin or wire virbrating away in a metal throttle arm. If I can fit one I still like to use a nylon clevis but I don't worry unduly if I only have metal to hand.